Common searches

Searching an old DOS game

Topic actions

First post, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I remember a game but I can't find its name, and nothing on the internet.

It was a mix between a platform game and puzzle game, you were a robot and you had to use dynamites to access to other parts of the level, you had limited moves (due to gas short?), I don't remember exactly what you had to do, maybe reaching some destination, you got various powerups and you had to think on how to do the 'puzzle' and reach the end, breaking the wall needed, and going through the right way. Not sure you had enemies. I think you could also build some bridges with limited 'ammo'.

I searched on google and youtube for 'robot dynamite dos game' but I can't find anything on it.

Anyone remembers ?

If there is a better forum / location for this question, tell it to me as it's been a while I didn't come here.

Thanks,
Danicela

Reply 1 of 20, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This sounds a lot like Quadralien. If that's not it, maybe The Machines (DOS) / Universal Warrior (Amiga) (which was the subject of my own "what game was this?!" thread years ago 😜) is?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 20, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's not them ^^ it was more like Jetpack about the point of view, it wasn't with camera on above, you had gravity and your robot could fall on the ground, and your 2 games have smooth animations/feeling, mine was slower / less reactive, I think it was older (maybe during the 5" floppies era?)

Reply 8 of 20, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What about one of the innumerable Hudson Soft Bomberman titles?: bomberman.wikia.com/wiki/Bomberman_(series)

Not that it could be what you are looking for since it is a Windows title, but you might also look at CDV Software Entertainment's/Soft Enterprises' Explomaen, and see how it compares as a point of reference.

Reply 9 of 20, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, it's not a bomberman ^^

Not sure it was a DOS game but it was so old that it was during the Win 3.1 era I think, so it was surely a DOS game. (it was a computer game, not console)

What I can add is that the robot can also push some blocks, on left and on right. It has same point of view as Jetpack. (not seen from the above)

Reply 18 of 20, by Danicela

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can remember it was a color rich game, not like some games with 2-3 colors purple teal and grey like some Keen episodes, and I don't think it had music, but in those days sound was hard to configure and maybe the music was just not playing.