VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't seen one so far.

So what's everyone eating/drinking these days? Nothing is too extravagant or shameful. Ate four packs of instant noodles with half a tub of butter? No one will judge you! (at least not out loud)

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 2 of 739, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

At first I thought this was another Muz thread.

“I ate a hamburger today. Is that bad?”

Anyway, today so far I have eaten cold cereal and a grapefruit for breakfast, and an Arby’s sandwich for lunch.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 4 of 739, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. 🤣

There's a thread like this but I think I haven't seen it in some years.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 739, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't drink alcohol at all so most of the time I drink water.

For food though, usually whatever leftover thermal paste I can find.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 8 of 739, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i've been drinking a little bit of

9342593466398.png

the problem is prices of the japanese stuff is getting out of hand, used to be quite affordable at Costco.

Does anyone cook with Sous Vide? Plan to make some tomahawk ribeyes soon. Sous Vide immersion cook, and then sear on cast iron.

Been on keto for a while and I'm tired of eating all this meat!

Last edited by DaveJustDave on 2019-03-12, 17:04. Edited 1 time in total.

I have no clue what I'm doing! If you want to watch me fumble through all my retro projects, you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDavejustdave

Reply 9 of 739, by DaveJustDave

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Errius wrote:

Touchy subject I think. What is the weight and girth of the average VOGONSer?

take the number of anything with a CPU you own and divide by 1

Reply 10 of 739, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DaveJustDave wrote:

take the number of anything with a CPU you own and divide by 1

21? Is that my weight or girth, or both?

Reply 13 of 739, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just gobbling up simple self-cooked coarse-grained thermal paste consisting of potatoes, carrots, cabbage and sliced chicken meat 😀

Reply 14 of 739, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A banana. It's really good.

P6 chip. Triple the speed of the Pentium.
Tualatin: PIII-S @ 1628MHz | QDI Advance 12T | 2GB DDR-310 | 6800GT | X-Fi | 500GB HDD | 3DMark01: 14,059
Dothan: PM @ 2.9GHz | MSI Speedster FA4 | 2GB DDR2-580 | GTX 750Ti | X-Fi | 500GB SSD | 3DMark01: 43,190

Reply 15 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm doing intermittent fasting, so I'm not allowed to eat my prosciutto and arugola sandwich until 11:30 or so. Which is when I'll probably still be in a meeting 😒

I don't technically have to fast, since I only weigh something like 74 kg at 177 cm (5'10) but I it helps to "give my stomach a break".

My wife really likes the Ottolenghi Simple cookbook right now, so we are cooking a lot of middle eastern/mediterranean stuff, so roasted veg with spicy sauces and things like that.

I can't wait for the weather to improve so I can fire up the grill though.

Reply 16 of 739, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Do you know what it is?

wQzvSi2.jpg
Gulai tambusu.

It is called gulai tambusu, which is beef intestines soaked in rich, spicy and succulent coconut milk sauce, usually eaten with steamed rice or rice dumpling. Easily my most favorite food ever. Alas, the family doctor told me to stop eating it, my mother told me to stop eating it, and now my wife tells me to stop eating it. Really, what is this thing called 'cholesterol' they keep warning me about? Preposterous, I say!

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 18 of 739, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That sounds amazing. Not sold on the intestines though. Unless you mean as a sausage casing, that's great!

I love sausage. Not only am I going to kill you, but I'm going to grind you up and stuff you down your own rectum and eat you that way.

god, now i'm hungry for sausage...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 19 of 739, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a cheeseburger for lunch and now I think I will make some ravioli, the good "three cheese" kind you buy in a package.