VOGONS

First post, by BlackAce

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you could only get one, which one would you get, and why? They aren't that far apart in cost, but I don't have money for both. Listening to samples online They both sound great. I use YMF-71x cards usually, though my collection goes from SB1.5 and up with a large variety through time. I think my rarest one is a Logitech soundman games. Anyhow, one thought I had is being able to use the SC-88 with a larger range of sound cards without wavetable headers?

Please let me know your opinions 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would go for the X2 with the GUD bank instead of sc-88 , the GUD bank is really nice

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 6, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Depends how you plan to use it. X2 is great for GM, but if you want to play something that uses GS, then X2 is limited to the dreambank, so 88 would be better.

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster

Reply 4 of 6, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Dreamblaster X2, for purely practical reasons: more potential, compact, less hassle.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 5 of 6, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

I would go for the X2 with the GUD bank instead of sc-88 , the GUD bank is really nice

Are you preferring GUD to Buran too?

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 6 of 6, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ah yes there is the Buran bank now - it's even better thanks for reminding me this

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website