VOGONS

First post, by ashwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, im having trouble getting proper graphics and performance in windows xp, im using dosbox and sound works ok, but the landscape in genewars is blueish so you cant see anything, but some of the structure mdoels and playermodels are working fine, and so are the menus, so what should i do?

are there setups in the configfile i could change?

Reply 3 of 13, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmmm. You are using DOSBox. So it's really a ms-dos game.

[Moving to DOSBox Games/Apps.]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 13, by ashwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hello, well it runs in windows 95, and i guess in 98 too, so its not that old.

im using dosbox 0.63, if anyone has gotten it to work just perfect, please email me the dosbox.conf file or something ive tried alot of different settings but nothing seems to change the blue stuff 🙁 i love that game and it sucks that its not working on this system.

im using radeon 9700 with the latest catalyst drivers by the way

thanks for any help

Reply 5 of 13, by ashwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Genewars has the file DOS4GW.EXE in its subdir that it uses, i dont know if this has something to do with the problems? ive seen the file mentioned in different guides. was thinking genewars used 16bit dpmi or something like that?

if i try to just run the program under windows xp, i get this message:

[16 bit MS-Dos subsystem]
d:\games\genewars\gw.exe
c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. the system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and microsoft windows applications. choose close to terminate the application

Reply 9 of 13, by ashwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im using the cvs build from http://ykhwong.x-y.net
it certainly speeds up the game and all but still, the blue stuff is everywhere and ive tried to change stuff in the conf file, but to no effect. what should i try to change?

scalers?
shaders?
output?

Reply 12 of 13, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Open your advanced ATI settings and make sure the Direct3D settings are all at their defaults (Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering should especially be set to "Application Controlled").