VOGONS


First post, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Just like my other driver performance threads: Matrox driver performance, Geforce256 driver performance, TNT2 driver performance and Rage128 driver performance.

I used a Voodoo3 3500TV and the same P3 test setup (P3 800EB, intel OR840 with 512MB 800MHz RDRAM and an SBlive card).

v3drv98p3.png
Filename
v3drv98p3.png
File size
363.1 KiB
Views
722 views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I also did some testing to see if there was any difference in miniGL performance between drivers:

allv3minigl.png
Filename
allv3minigl.png
File size
312.71 KiB
Views
722 views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 8, by SSTV2

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting, I thought that older V3 driver revisions were significantly faster than newer ones, but judging by the results, both old and new drivers perform basically the same 😕

Could you rerun tests for Q2, HL or Unreal with a slower CPU, like 333/400MHz Celeron if possible? I'd really like to see how well driver performance would scale then.

Reply 4 of 8, by Justin1091

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

Very interesting! What about adding some third party drivers like amigamerlin's?
Are you going to do a V5 driver performance topic as well?

Reply 5 of 8, by cxm717

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Justin1091 wrote:

Very interesting! What about adding some third party drivers like amigamerlin's?

Yeah, I can do that. I don't really have any experience with the third party drivers, which ones do you think I should test?

Justin1091 wrote:

Are you going to do a V5 driver performance topic as well?

At some point I would like to, I still have a few other cards I want to test also.

Reply 7 of 8, by Justin1091

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
cxm717 wrote:
Justin1091 wrote:

Very interesting! What about adding some third party drivers like amigamerlin's?

Yeah, I can do that. I don't really have any experience with the third party drivers, which ones do you think I should test?

Maybe an amigamerlin vs 3dfx reference drivers comparison (both possible on 98 or 2k) with a V5?

cxm717 wrote:

At some point I would like to, I still have a few other cards I want to test also.

Cool!