I finally did Radeon 9800 Pro benchmarks..
K6-2-550 underclocked to 500 - 5x100 ALI V, i did it for stability, but it neccesary. 512 MB RAM.
- Nvidia driver 21.83 for Geforce 3.
- ATI Catalyst 4.3
- 3Dfx 1.07
Quake 3 demo, Demo001:
- I can share config if someone need it, its 800x600x 16 bit, 2/3 texture quality
R9800 Pro Quake 3 - Catalys 6.2 - 23.2
R9800 Pro Quake 3 - Catalys 4.3 - 23.7 // Tried Q3 full gog - Four demo 20 FPS
R9800 Pro Quake 3 - Catalys 4.3 640x480 - 24.2
G3- 200 - Driver 21.83 - 640x480 - 26.2
G3- 200 - Driver 21.83 - 800x600 - 25.9
V3 2000 - 640x480 - 21.5
V3 2000 - 800x600- 21.5
V3 2000 - 800x600- 20.9
V3 2000 - 1280x1024 - 19.6
V3 2000 - 1600x1200 - 16.1
Q2 demo 3.14:
its not working with all card on my machine ATI only with Catalyst 4.3 drivers,
na with 6.2. I dunno problem could be that it was set 1600x1200 as default..
mapa je Q2demo1.dm2 nebo jen demo1.dm2
R9800 Pro 320x200 - 31 // I tried to full game 3.20 - its 33
R9800 Pro - 640x480 -31 // I tried to full game 3.20 - its 33
R9800 Pro -800x600 - 31
R9800 Pro -1024x768 -31
R9800 Pro -1600x1200 - 31
G3 Ti 200 - 320x240 - 42
G3 Ti 200 - 640x480 - 42
G3 Ti 200 - 1024x768 - 42
G3 Ti 200 - 1600x1200 - 42
V3 2000 - 640x480 - 28 FPS
V3 2000 - 800x600 - 28 FPS
V3 2000 - 1024x768 - 28 FPS
V3 2000 - 1600x1200 - 26 FPS
- 800x600 not checbox enabled, command: go -timedemo, its endless 9 minutes.``
R9800 PRO after long time 25 FPS, after few minutes 22.
G3 Ti 200 - 23 FPS, but other timedemo was started, or there is some bug in script and demo..
V3 2000 - 15.8
Unreal Tournament gog -4.36 - UT bench, Direct 3D, High quality for all, 16bit
- timedemo 1; next command - demoplay utbench, 640x480 i gettim freeze when i try change resolution :
R9800 Pro - 14 fps
G3 Ti 200- 15 FPS
Voodoo 3 - 15 FPS
I would be nice to have Matrox G400 Max for testing.
- If you can overclock or get better CPU it really matters, because all reasons are CPU caped.
- Radeon 9800 Pro its not faster than Geforce 3, but except Q2 it has almost same performance.
- Geforce 3 and Radeon 9800 are faster than V3 2000 PCI signifacantly.
- What really maters is less drivers overhead, but even 3Dfx is not so great in this area..
- Resolutions really doesnt matter too much, because even with 320x200 its cpu limiting factor, so can get good framerate even at such resolution in tested games regardless of details, have logic and OS simply consume all CPU power (that bad thing), good thing is that framerate is usually almost the same with in high resolutions like 1024x768,1280x1024, 1600x1200 (except V3 where is too much for this card).
- Geforce 3 is fasters, because can give you more performance in Q2 than Radeon 9800 Pro.
- Voodoo 3 maybe make sense for someone compatibility and glide
- Radeon 9800 Pro could make sense, because of digital display output. If compatibility would good - it would need more testing.
- if you care about price - Geforce 3 and Radeon 9800 are cheaper than 3dfx..
- i tested Geforce 3 Ti 200, Geforce 3 Ti 500 could be a bit faster.
Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.