VOGONS

First post, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What other games are there besides Tomb Raider and Quake that were launched without 3D accelerator support, but then had it added later with a patch?

Reply 1 of 11, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Milliways is the wrong section for this, moved to "Video"

Other than that, my 3D accelerated list (link in sig) which covers other APIs than Direct3D and Glide gives some examples of games which got patches after release.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 11, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, I probably should have asked this in Video in retrospect, so thanks for moving it. The reason I asked this question in the first place is because I'm also interested in what games got Direct3d/3dfx patches as well.

Reply 3 of 11, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Archimedean Dynasty, Carmageddon, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Dungeon Keeper, Mech Warrior II, Descent I and II, Extreme Assault, Battlezone, Interstate '76, MDK, Darklight Conflict.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 4 of 11, by blurks

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
The Serpent Rider wrote:

Archimedean Dynasty, Carmageddon, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Dungeon Keeper, Mech Warrior II, Descent I and II, Extreme Assault, Battlezone, Interstate '76, MDK, Darklight Conflict.

Battlezone had 3D acceleration from the get go.

Reply 9 of 11, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Rebel Moon Rising. Not sure though, that game probably was developed with some help from Creative.

I must be some kind of standard: the anonymous gangbanger of the 21st century.

Reply 11 of 11, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Rebel Moon predates MMX for at least a year though (1995) and was 3d accelerated to begin with. Rebel Moon Rising (1997) used MMX (exclusively?) for rendering and marketed heavily on that aspect because with MMX who needs 3d cards rite?!?!?!

apsosig.png
long live PCem