VOGONS

Interested in PowerVR... can't find squat on ebay

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 33, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found a seller on amibay.

All total I was able to find several quoted prices for a PCX2.

200$ USD on Yahoo Auction Japan (it sold recently).
I was offered 200$ USD for a boxed Matrox M3D
I was also offered 110$ USD for just the card

There is a user on amibay who has two of these cards, but he never got back to me. I think he is a bit disorganized and couldn't get to it.

I just payed 70 euro plus shipping to the states, which ended up being 31 euros. So 101 euros, or 117$ USD is what I finally paid. Not cheap at all, but I am happy to add this item to my collection!

Reply 22 of 33, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oh that

Well uh, this has something called r_parseStageSimple which pre-blends blending function'd shaders' textures to alpha blended approximates with some pre-multiplied color adjustment to avoid the black halo effects (and combined with host video overbrighting, this *almost* looks additive). Currently there's bugs with vertex alphas and some walls getting transparency forced as the Techland SGL MiniGL seems to treat every surface having alpha channels active. It kind of works for a S3 ViRGE too? (PCem is REALLY handy for testing this)

that's it

My previous plan involved manually modifying q3 assets (which was done in my NV15 bench video) which I thought was too much trouble for what it's worth in labor and legality.

I mentioned ViRGE and it's similar in limitations except it's even more messed up regarding poly precision, performance, and can't modulate texture alpha, so if I were to treat ViRGE more seriously, i'd have to plan for texture atlases to substitute modulation with pre-faded sequences, or pull a PSX and draw simple vertex color discs with variating vertex alpha in place of smoke textures and explosions...

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 25 of 33, by fla56

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thanks for the reply, I did read this and that's why I'm staying within the rules and using eBay.

Please stop with all those for sale and for trade topics. […]
Show full quote

Please stop with all those for sale and for trade topics.

Especially if things go wrong, then we can't do a thing to help you.

Use something like Ebay.

Thanks.

Reply 27 of 33, by fla56

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not new, as you can see I've been on the site for over a year (and a also donator to many other emulation projects for much longer than that)

I read the forums, ebay is the proper place for this as per the link above, no one is (or should) be looking for cash, so that's what I'm doing, sticking to the rules

Sorry if you feel different

Reply 28 of 33, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's not just eBay sales where, like you've done here, you state openly that it's your item(s) but also links to active 'anonymous' listings which seem to promote the listing rather than simply provide information or example. The Mods have confirmed this position on numerous occassions so like many rules, they've been subject to clarification.

Reply 29 of 33, by fla56

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What information do you want? It's not anonymous, it's my listing and you can see that I've reputably sold on ebay for years

According to the link and entire post you provided ebay was fine and individual sales were not given the risks (and rightly so)

Some members felt differently but no moderators that I saw

Reply 30 of 33, by fla56

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To quote the moderator again:

as far as I concerned every mention that relates to money being send over is not allowed.
As the fact remains that we can't do a thing for you in that case either if the other party makes a run for it.

Reply 31 of 33, by spiroyster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Granted I haven't read the rules myself in a number of years o.0... and it's grey area... but the 'no market place' not only means posting sales threads and directly asking for money (the main crux of the original ruleset no doubt... before my time here), but also means self-promotion of your own 'products' (on auction sites, among others).

While people do occasionally post ebay auctions, they are usually in reference to something an OP said and not the repliers own auction or sale.

I think it's just a slight misunderstanding on your part as, tbf, you have been honest about it being your auction. None the less tiz bad vogonian etiquette I'm afraid...

Couple of years ago there was a uber ebay thread (awesome I might say... but yes lived it's life and was rightfully nuked from the forum imo). Everything was fine and done in good faith at first, then it was noticed that some users were self-promoting and possibly click baiting to get revenue so it was shut down... then shite loads of toys went flying all over the place from some users and there was as massive fallout... hence the feelings by some about auctions being posted.

Certainly is fine to post old ebay threads of closed auctions, but not current. 😉

Reply 32 of 33, by fla56

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Exactly @spiroster, to be frank the only reason I've put the card up is that I was looking into PowerVR emulation (again(!)) #lockdownblues and came across this thread asking about cards for sale

So I do I respect your comment

But given this is 'in reference to an OP' who was struggling and asking about sales I believe I'm firmly in the appropriate grey area, clearly no click-baiting, all on-topic, no hard feelings to anyone 😀