VOGONS

First post, by alexandrlukash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody!
I paid for this isa hub 2,5eur . what is really price?
xQclkkD9Rn0.jpg
wH63EM8edYc.jpg

Reply 2 of 19, by JudgeMonroe

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is an ISA riser they used to put in ultra-low-profile desktop PCs so the cards could be installed horizontally instead of vertically. The motherboard would have only a single ISA slot, and this riser would expand that to 5. You could use it in a different computer if you had the room, since electrically the ISA bus doesn't care what the physical layout is.

Reply 3 of 19, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Such risers can be found in all compact PCs, where there's no room to install ISA cards orthogonally to the mobo.
As for the price, it's a tough question - such things are usually sold together with other components.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 4 of 19, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
alexandrlukash wrote:

I don't quite get the question. Are you asking if 2.50 EUR were too much, or do you hope that these things are ten times more worth? I have a whole box of these and given away many for free.

Reply 5 of 19, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote:

I don't quite get the question. Are you asking if 2.50 EUR were too much, or do you hope that these things are ten times more worth? I have a whole box of these and given away many for free.

On the other hand, I'd happily pay 2.5 EUR for one should I need one (especially if I couldn't get them for free with enough patience).

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 6 of 19, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wouldn't really say they're worth much... but peoply try to sell risers at crazy prices of 50€ and upwards...
if I see one pop up for cheap I usually try to get it for future projects.

Reply 7 of 19, by manbearpig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have one of these that uses EISA for the motherboard connector and has PCI and ISA slots. Pretty sure the form factor is usually referred to as LPX, although a lot of them are proprietary.

I don't think I would put very much value on one of these. Most people are looking for AT/ATX motherboards and therefore don't need them.

Premio 212B motherboard (MSI MS-6112)
Intel PentiumII 333MHz Slot 1 66MHz bus
384MB ECC 66MHz
SIIG ATA133 controller --> Seagate Barracuda 80GB
SIIG Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8169) / USB 2.0 / IEEE1394 controller
ESS 1869 soundcard on board wavetable synth

Reply 8 of 19, by alexandrlukash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello ! I'm happy have so much answers and read new info about this thing.
I bought this riser spontaneously on the street,seller didn't want to change price.
I felt that is little expensive for this thing
Thanks for the answers!

Reply 10 of 19, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These things have only value with a case and a motherboard that are going together with it. This alone is almost junk, except when someone has this exact motherboard and case and is missing this riser.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 11 of 19, by alvaro84

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

These things have only value with a case and a motherboard that are going together with it. This alone is almost junk, except when someone has this exact motherboard and case and is missing this riser.

I beg to differ. This particular riser seems to fit into any standard ISA slot and ISA bus does definitely work this way.
PCI/ISA or VLB/ISA combined risers are more unique, though.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts

Reply 12 of 19, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GigAHerZ wrote:

Only the case. Motherboard doesn't matter. But it would be mostly for ISA only systems - 286 to early 486.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 13 of 19, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To my knowledge, there is no standard for ISA riser slot positioning on motherboard or lock down mechanism. Therefore different motherboards may have the slot for riser in slightly different positions and the case may not be able to accomodate the shape or the screw holes of this particular riser.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 14 of 19, by aaronkatrini

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think someone is creating new accounts, has found a bunch of "old computer parts", posting pictures on this forum to understand the price and is trying to get a quote and understand the "rarity" of the item and try to sell it for the highest price. Can´t fool me. MODS please do smth!

Reply 15 of 19, by alexandrlukash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
aaronkatrini wrote:

I think someone is creating new accounts, has found a bunch of "old computer parts", posting pictures on this forum to understand the price and is trying to get a quote and understand the "rarity" of the item and try to sell it for the highest price. Can´t fool me. MODS please do smth!

😕 most of this things haven't any rarity and price,i didnt know what is it. You wrote as if I stole something from you. Dont be rude and agressive .

Sometimes i buy old things for fun or take it for free,as this ISA sound card-
WP6J8HAG27A.jpg

Reply 16 of 19, by alexandrlukash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GigAHerZ wrote:

Thanks, at this weekend I go to this seller and must try to change it to something more interesting
I saw 2mb pci video card at same price

Last edited by alexandrlukash on 2019-08-15, 20:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 18 of 19, by gotohell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alexandrlukash wrote:
Hello everybody! I paid for this isa hub 2,5eur . what is really price? https://sun9-37.userapi.com/c855424/v855424577/bcf3a/xQ […]
Show full quote

Hello everybody!
xQclkkD9Rn0.jpg
wH63EM8edYc.jpg

it trash man, i get same in large MOBO pack for 10$

https://t.me/hwretard

Reply 19 of 19, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Keep it. Someone might have a use for it. I had one of these in a slimline Olliveti system which had a vbl motherboard.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉