VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi! so after all my frustrations, i have got Team Alligator working on windows 10 - in the end all i needed to do was simply copy the CD contents into a folder on my hard drive and just run the game exe - i put it through Dxwnd which i fixes some other random crashing i think. but the game is without sound. The intro movie has sound, but the game itself silent.

I noticed that the game was not made for windows NT - i wonder if the same sound issue is what one found on Su 27 Flanker - that game had a soundpatch for NT systems. No patch exists so far as i know for team alligator. Is there perhaps though a different way to get sound for it? does anyone know of fixes for games like this that lack sound?

Reply 2 of 6, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

okay cool though i still have no idea why there is no ingame sound, is there some kind tool available or wrapper that can help return sound?

Reply 4 of 6, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i tried all those to no avail, the sound folder and files are all there and i have cd in drive tooo - perhaps i need to properly install the game first however that doesnt work, the install setup.exe itself throws up error messages

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click ok to close applicationb

i tried usinng a newer installshield exe but same problem

Reply 5 of 6, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

okay i have discovered some interesting things - confusing though

I cant install teh game by way of the english language setup.exe, but if i select the german one then the game will install, however the install game will not work - it crashes before the intro video even plays , - whereas that version which i simply copied directly off the cd will run fine (but with no sound).

I tried then just installing the game with the german install and then just putting the game files as copied off the cd into that install location, but that also does not work

in doing this i noticed that there is a uslaunch.exe/glaunch.exe files - which are i guess the usual autorun menu feature of older games, in this there is "sound setup" which creates a sound.ini file which has just a 1 or 0 in it dependent on whether hardware acceleration is enabled or not.

so i am stuck with either being able to install it and then it not playing at all, or if i copy the cd contents to a folder then it will play from their but with no sound and stick a sound.ini file in that folder doesnt change anything