Below the empty (FPU) socket.

Yeah... because it's 386SX-16

blurks wrote:
HanJammer wrote:

And this mobo...

Everything works perfectly fine...

Yikes... a barrel battery... 😖

Already desoldered...

And today's batch from last of the PCs from this haul...

i have been trying to find one of those baby TX boards for years for a pentium3 machine in my country and im out of luck, each time i see one either its missing AGP or it is missing ISA slots.

what would be a normal price for one of those? do those normally show up on ebay? are you considering on selling it?

Reply 30182 of 52337, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:
SETBLASTER wrote:

I wonder why the memory on the right corner is different to the brand memory from the left

Because that's for parity.

Couldn't that be rather the TAG ram ?

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 30183 of 52337, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Turbo -> wrote:
Munx wrote:

This glorious case for 15Euro. If you think the rust is bad on the outside is bad, its waaay worse on the inside, so sadly this went to recycling today.

The attachment P_20190907_155943.jpg is no longer available

Love the case. It looks somewhat like post apocalyptic one.

I got one pretty much like this (this Prophet 4500 and Gigabyte motherboard was inside) and throwed it into the garbage today (metal was in perfect condition, front panel was incomplete and slightly dented though), although I saved PSU display/buttons and side panels in case you want them.
I guess it was a budget version of the Colani case (just like highscreen was a budget vobis) although metal should be the same.

EDIT: My garbage is collected tomorrow, so I decided to give it a chance and for now, stowed the case in case anybody needs something - it's complete, but misses the 3,5" drive filler.

Attachments

• highscreen_case.jpg
    Filename
    highscreen_case.jpg
    File size
    867.83 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 30185 of 52337, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:

If you need an LMSI interface card, you could buy this: https://www.ebay.de/itm/143367181774

thanks for the link, I was already watching that seller, more specifically the philips CDD 461 drive since it only cost a bit more and also includes the interface card... and since somebody apparently bought one of the two on offer shortly after you posted that link 🤣 I got motivated to finally pull the trigger on it before the other one is gone too.

Reply 30186 of 52337, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked up this amazing NexGen board with Nx586-P90 CPU.

DSC_3191.jpg
Filename
DSC_3191.jpg
File size
1.68 MiB
Views
File license

I am excited as I always wanted to own one and now was able to get one at fair price. Can't wait to run some benchmarks against my Pentium Overdrive, Pentium 66 (Socket4) , Pentium 75 (Socket 5) and AMD 5x86-P75 systems.

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 30187 of 52337, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mpe wrote:

DSC_3191.jpg

I am excited as I always wanted to own one and now was able to get one at fair price. Can't wait to run some benchmarks against my Pentium Overdrive, Pentium 66 (Socket4) , Pentium 75 (Socket 5) and AMD 5x86-P75 systems.

Oh wow, the NxVL - a thing of absolute beauty, as well as rarity. I owned one long ago, but it was dead as a doornail, looked like something in the chipset had shorted out badly. Enjoy all the benching 😀

Reply 30188 of 52337, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
imi wrote:
pan069 wrote:

Found this Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum 16 LMSI.

guess I'll need one of these 😁

Here you can get a cheap PAS
https://www.ebay.de/itm/17-5-KG-Platinen-Schr … a4694%7Ciid%3A1

The seller is..the name says it, its the german word for stupid. He has some other auctions and told me it took him days to treat the cards to get the shown results...

Reply 30189 of 52337, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 yeah I've been watching all of those, but they always ended up too expensive ^^
the one in the pile doesn't look like the LMSI version though... also I already ordered the other card and the philips drive, so I have 2 cards now ^^

Reply 30192 of 52337, by rick6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just bought this odd 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 PCI on ebay, with active cooling.

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
257.54 KiB
Views
File license

I haven’t received it yet of course, but i'm mighty curious to see how it performs against a regular AGP Voodoo 3 3000.

I couldn't find anywhere an image of this card, only it's AGP counterpart.

My 2001 gaming beast in all it's "Pentium 4 Williamate" Glory!

Reply 30193 of 52337, by Daniël Oosterhuis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today's arrival, a Lian Li PC60 case, for free! Just had to pay shipping on it. It's not perfect, but for the price of nothing that doesn't matter too much. Two of the plastic clips that hold the front in place are broken, but all the plastics are still there, so I can likely fix it. The acrylic window has some minor scuffs and scratches, nothing too terrible, still very clear. The USB port and audio jack cover is missing, and the ports and jacks themselves are also not present, but I don't think it looks that bad exposed, and I can just fit some replacements. Otherwise, it looks quite nice, the aluminium doesn't have much damage (the black stuff is the dust filter material, which disintegrated and sticks to everything), so it'll house a nice system. Just have to decide what platform, etc. 😎

Images removed for copyright reasons.

It also came with this 3x HDD cage, that'll likely go into my CoolerMaster Stacker case which houses my dual LGA771 SuperMicro workstation board.

Image removed for copyright reasons.

Last edited by Daniël Oosterhuis on 2020-01-21, 10:15. Edited 1 time in total.

sUd4xjs.gif

Reply 30195 of 52337, by CrFr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

New keyboard, after good cleaning. This keycap material is amazing. After cleaning they look almost like brand new. Coiled cable is a bit tired, other than that and couple of scratches this looks very good.

IMGP1567_.jpg
Filename
IMGP1567_.jpg
File size
294.54 KiB
Views
File license

Also, I had a chance to test the Pioneer DRM-600 6-CD changer I mentioned earlier here, now that I got the suitable cable. Works perfect, even after reglueing the lens! Finally I have enough CD-drive letters in my PS/2 P70 😀

IMGP1568_.jpg
Filename
IMGP1568_.jpg
File size
1.87 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 30197 of 52337, by Dragon Caesar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mpe wrote:

DSC_3191.jpg

Congrats on the find! I lucked into a NexGen P80 a few months ago and it came with some utilities. I've shared them here: Re: VOGONS Driver Library. Probably won't need the BIOS stuff but you might be able to use the CPU identifier and FPU emulator shareware utility. Please share your findings on the benchmarks when you can, would love to see how it fares.

Reply 30198 of 52337, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
General_Snuss wrote:
retropol wrote:

tell me what was the price for this SC?

I paid €70,-, which is a bargain if you ask me.

That is a smokin' hot price for that.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 30199 of 52337, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dragon Caesar wrote:

Congrats on the find! I lucked into a NexGen P80 a few months ago and it came with some utilities. I've shared them here: Re: VOGONS Driver Library. Probably won't need the BIOS stuff but you might be able to use the CPU identifier and FPU emulator shareware utility. Please share your findings on the benchmarks when you can, would love to see how it fares.

Thanks for these utils. Will definitely check them out.

My initial testing of the NexGen showed crazy results. speedsys shows a very unusual cache latencies which goes down and up again (presumably due to L1 cache at 2x CPU speed). Many detection tools detect NexGen as a XXX MHz 386 system (since it doesn't have 486/Pentium instructions) or hang straight away. The Pentium-class performance with no FPU is too much for them to swallow, combined with non-486 42MHz VL-BUS implementation is a recipe for a lot of fun 😀

Blog|NexGen 586|S4