Rank

Hi!
Win98se sp3
P4 3ghz
Asus P4G800-E deluxe.
Geforce ti4600
Aureal vortex 2
512mb pc3200 dual channel.

I got a few more available pci slots except the one closest to the agp because the gf4 has a big zalman cooler.

I have no prior experience of these dual gpu configurations.

If this motherboard wich is intel 875 based can work then how does this all come together?

In the end i want to know as much as possible about this subject and its requirements, pros and cons.

Thanks!

Last edited by Unrealdevon on 2019-09-11, 13:18. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 11, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On that system, you could just install nGlide to play 3dfx Glide games. It's more than powerful enough for that.

A Voodoo1 won't work (and makes no sense). If at all, a Voodoo2 SLI setup would be okay, but even that is way off for a 3 GHz P4 machine.

Reply 4 of 11, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

nGlide isn't officially supported in Win 9x, but there are others wrappers, that are:
http://www.glideunderground.com/modules.php?o … owcontent&id=89

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 5 of 11, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Unrealdevon wrote:
Hi! Win98se sp3 P4 3ghz Asus P4G800-E deluxe. Geforce ti4600 Aureal vortex 2 512mb pc3200 dual channel. […]
Show full quote

Hi!
Win98se sp3
P4 3ghz
Asus P4G800-E deluxe.
Geforce ti4600
Aureal vortex 2
512mb pc3200 dual channel.

I got a few more available pci slots except the one closest to the agp because the gf4 has a big zalman cooler.

I have no prior experience of these dual gpu configurations.

If this motherboard wich is intel 875 based can work then how does this all come together?

In the end i want to know as much as possible about this subject and its requirements, pros and cons.

Thanks!

My setup is very similar. My Voodoo 3 PCI works just fine. Stick to PCI cards, as the AGP is 3.3v, and it won't work for 1.5v cards like the Voodoo 3 AGP.

My motherboard has an option in the bios to switch between AGP and PCI for the graphics. In windows 98, I installed the voodoo 3 drivers first, configured the refresh rate, color depth, and resolution for the desktop, and the installed Nvidia drivers second. Whichever card I boot with, windows 98 seems to detect and load the appropriate driver (or maybe it loads both drivers every time, idk).

If you get a voodoo 2 instead, then the setup is similar, only the voodoo 2 will only work in glide games or when using a mini gl wrapper for opengl games. You'll need a monitor with two inputs or a VGA pass through cable.

Reply 6 of 11, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mothergoose729 wrote:

My setup is very similar. My Voodoo 3 PCI works just fine. Stick to PCI cards, as the AGP is 3.3v, and it won't work for 1.5v cards like the Voodoo 3 AGP.

Common man, it's well known, that all 3dfx AGP cards besides reference Voodoo 4 are using 3.3V from AGP slot. Even Voodoo 3 and 5. Voodoo 4 is only 3dfx card using 1.5V and only one usable in AGPx4 slots (like the one on that ASUS board, which can only accept 1.5V cards).

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 9 of 11, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Srandista wrote:
mothergoose729 wrote:

Common man, it's well known, that all 3dfx AGP cards besides reference Voodoo 4 are using 3.3V from AGP slot. Even Voodoo 3 and 5. Voodoo 4 is only 3dfx card using 1.5V and only one usable in AGPx4 slots (like the one on that ASUS board, which can only accept 1.5V cards).

Thanks, I mixed them up. Either way, watch your voltages.