VOGONS

First post, by BlackAce

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Months ago I bought a 'generic AGP card' off ebay. It had a very grainy picture that looked like a voodoo3 from Asia. When I opened the package, it certainly was not a voodoo3 and I thought I got ripped off. I put it in the computer and saw it was a savage 2000 64MB, so that was different. I played with it in UT on S3 Metal and it ran great, pretty cool. Ran Quake well too, I just wish S3 didn't have the worst drivers in the world. I had to play with it alot just to get it working.

Anyhow, I have a huge collection of hardware and this is a card I 'had fun with' but am probably going to sell. I've seen the 32MB versions sell for a lot on Ebay ($100-$200), but I've never even seen a 64MB with Tv-out, they seem to be some sort of enigma. Any idea what it might sell for?

2000.JPG
Filename
2000.JPG
File size
174.71 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 8, by ala_borbe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

there a lot of different versions... i have 2 low profile card, same speed but 32mb ram... made in 2003...
i haven found any pictures of it anywhere
it a good card... i you wish to trade fow low profile card with 32mb pm me 😀

Reply 2 of 8, by BlackAce

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a Inno3D brand board. It has absolutely no markings indicating what it is, but the BIOS boot screen shows it.

Wouldn't make much sense to trade down to a 32MB though 😜.

2001.JPG
Filename
2001.JPG
File size
41.61 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 8, by BlackAce

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know, that's why I'm not trying to sell it here, I just want to know what it might be worth before I throw it on ebay. I don't want to trade anyhow, since I'm kind of done playing with this card.

Reply 5 of 8, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want to know what it's worth, just set it up for auction with a starting price of 1€ (or whatever your currency is).

These cards don't have a fixed value. When searching for sold ones, you will find prices ranging from under 20 bucks to over 100. People pay more for well-known brands like Diamond Multimedia. Inno 3D isn't a brand people are eager for.

Months ago I bought a 'generic AGP card' off ebay. It had a very grainy picture that looked like a voodoo3 from Asia. When I opened the package, it certainly was not a voodoo3 and I thought I got ripped off.

Not part of your question, but I really hate that kind of attitude of ebay buyers these days. YOU thought it was a Voodoo3, despite the seller just selling it as a "generic AGP card", but still you thought you got probably ripped off because you did not get a Voodoo3? Seriously?

Reply 6 of 8, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hm guess this is not a place to give saling advises or for Howto make gain maximum money Questions.

If you don`t like it trade it for a Voodoo 3 ?

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 8 of 8, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ebay is crazy when it comes to prices. I got my Savage2000 (Diamond Viper II Z200) for EUR 15 and not too long afterwards sold another one for similar price. Only look at eBay if you have more money than time/patience.