VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Since I refuse to use the DosBox forum 😉 I thought we could post Dosbox Ideas in here:

cut 'n paste text between host/guest

Incorporate DosLoad into DosBox Package?
DosLoad does not recognize .BAT files.

Show current resolution of guest?

Screen buffer? Ability to scroll up with mousewheel in CLI?

Pause switch for DIR command to view long directories

Have errors output to a .txt. Have .txt record executable ran and the errors that occurs. Currently when going through all of my games I have to write down the errors manually. If I could simply execute each one without having to worry about writing down the error then I could simply look at the outputted .txt

Ability for game to load compressed file as image..or direct Dosbox to file and it decompresses itself?

Remove the LFN Restriction?

Throttle slider?

.AVI record?

Sound output?

Keep previous keyboard commands in buffer? Up arrow?

Transparency?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Phbttt. Why stop there? Just add all the features from VMWare, Virtual PC, Bochs, and Plex86? 😜

I mean, we don't even have "Protected" 386 compatibilty yet.

Ok, ok. The Throttle slider sounds reasonable.

Reply 2 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Actually, there are a few good (and manageable) suggestions there. The slider, of course, but also the shell, text buffer, copy/paste, output to .txt, and /P switch on DIR. (I'm still waiting for an "edit" program 😉)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Actually, there are a few good (and manageable) suggestions there.

I know they're not big, but you're forgetting Murphy's law of Programming (the tiny new add-ons for your program will always cause a massive increase in bugs).

Reply 4 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If I didn't suck and knew more C++ I would do it myself, but, y'know, I don't even understand pointers, so there's no WAY I could get something as complex as DosBox to be compatible with me.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 8, by WBS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How about the DOS START command? Does anyone besides me see that as a useful addition to DOSBox?
START <application> can start up a 32bit app before executing the main program, so the app can sit there and "listen" for things it needs to respond to.