VOGONS


DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 800 of 1014, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought you were using a CRT? Are you or are you not? Are you switching out the CRT for an LCD?

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 801 of 1014, by Scandy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Yes, with Raspberry Pi 3 I use a CRT, but with the new Raspberry Pi 4 I have to switch to LCD since VGA666 (VGA adapter) have some issues.
So I'm searching for a way to run DOSBOX on RPi4 with correct aspect ratio and no artifacts.
Thanks

Reply 802 of 1014, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The only change those build tools might require would be if your patch set pulls in external dependencies.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 803 of 1014, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Yesterplay80 wrote:
willow wrote:

I don't know if it's possible but dsobox daum incoporated a patch to increase memory size of graphic cards until 8 Mo instead of 2mo by default in dosbox and dosbox ece.

ECE sets 4 MB of video memory by default. Increasing the memory to 8 MB results in graphical problems under Windows 3.11.

I have tried syschk with dosbox ece and it say only 2MB and not 4MB
Sans-titre.jpg

edit: I have tried the version r4276 and same thing: only 2mb in syschk

link for syschk
http://www.syschk.com/SysDoc.htm

How have 4mb of video memory with dosbox ece?

pro pinball timeschock allow 1600x1200 with 16M colors. 8MB is necessary.

Last edited by willow on 2019-10-30, 22:52. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 804 of 1014, by Scandy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
gdjacobs wrote:

The only change those build tools might require would be if your patch set pulls in external dependencies.

I'm searching for a quick tutorial to build DOSBOX ECE on Raspberry Pi 4... maybe this will fit? (it's in the video description)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaIXszCgth4

There are some flags to set to optimize the build on Raspberry Pi?
Thank you.

Reply 805 of 1014, by lavadrop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

I just downloaded your latest linux build and when I try to run it, I get: error while loading shared libraries: libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. I do have fluidsynth installed, however I have not invoked it since I have real hardware detected by alsa.

Reply 806 of 1014, by Kisai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
lavadrop wrote:

I just downloaded your latest linux build and when I try to run it, I get: error while loading shared libraries: libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. I do have fluidsynth installed, however I have not invoked it since I have real hardware detected by alsa.

You need libfluidsynth 1.x, check what version you have.

Reply 807 of 1014, by Scandy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:

You need to have the header files from OpenGlide in your include directory: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openglide/
I added them to the ECE source files, too.

Hello, I'm trying to compile DOSBOX ECE on Raspberry Pi 4 (Raspbian Buster) and using DOSBox ECE r4276 (Linux source).7z I get the same error:

fatal error: sdk2_glide.h: No such file or directory
#include <sdk2_glide.h>

There is something that could I try to avoid this error? Thank you!

Reply 809 of 1014, by Scandy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
pantercat wrote:

Just copy sdk2_*.h from OpenGlide source (OpenGLide_XXX_src.zip) to the ECE's include directory.

Ok thank you!!! I was able to compile DOSBox ECE on Raspberry Pi, nevertheless Pixel Perfect mode (openglpp or surfacepp) does not work (I get a picture without aspect correction). There is something should I check? (I'm using the default dosbox-ece.conf).
Thanks!

Reply 810 of 1014, by lavadrop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Kisai wrote:
lavadrop wrote:

I just downloaded your latest linux build and when I try to run it, I get: error while loading shared libraries: libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory. I do have fluidsynth installed, however I have not invoked it since I have real hardware detected by alsa.

You need libfluidsynth 1.x, check what version you have.

I don't have libfluidsynth1, such package doesn't even exist in the Solus repositories. Fluidsynth is installed by default, however since I'm using MIDI hardware I shouldn't need to set it up.

Reply 814 of 1014, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
lavadrop wrote:
realnc wrote:

Well, the build doesn't make fluidsynth optional. You can build it youself against fluidsynth 2 in this case.

I have Fluidsynth 2.0.8 actually

The build you downloaded needs v1. If you only have v2, you need to build it yourself so it will use v2.

Reply 815 of 1014, by Diduz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

There's an audio bug in the last r4279 Windows Build. Popping digital sounds in Prince of Persia. I usually crank sound frequency up to 49716 to get the best results in OPL emulation, but I don't think this is the cause of the issue, because I've always done that and there was no problem at all before r4279. Everything worked fine in the previous build (I think it was r4276).

Reply 816 of 1014, by pantercat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Alternatively, if you want to use the binary build you can do this:

1. Download libfluidsynth1 package from a trusted source, for example:

https://packages.debian.org/buster/i386/libfl … synth1/download

2. Extract files from .deb && copy libfluidsynth.so.1 to the ECE's bin directory:

user@host:~/Downloads/r4279/bin$ 7z x libfluidsynth1_1.1.11-1_amd64.deb
user@host:~/Downloads/r4279/bin$ tar xvf data.tar
user@host:~/Downloads/r4279/bin$ cp ./usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfluidsynth.so.1 .

3. Finally launch dosbox with LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the executable first looks for libraries where you have libfluidsynth.so.1 (adjust it according to your system)

user@host:~/Downloads/r4279/bin$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/Downloads/r4279/bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./dosbox

More info: http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/s … ries.html#AEN80

Obviously you'll need to repeat the process for all missing libraries. You can use ldd command to show all missing libraries.

ldd dosbox |grep "not found"

Note that in ECE dosbox is a i386 binary so you'll need i386 libraries. Maybe it's a better idea to just compile ECE yourself... 🤣

Reply 817 of 1014, by pantercat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Scandy wrote:

Ok thank you!!! I was able to compile DOSBox ECE on Raspberry Pi, nevertheless Pixel Perfect mode (openglpp or surfacepp) does not work (I get a picture without aspect correction). There is something should I check? (I'm using the default dosbox-ece.conf).

This works for me.

[sdl]
fullresolution = desktop
output = surfacepp

[render]
aspect = true
scaler = normal2x

Reply 818 of 1014, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
Diduz wrote:

There's an audio bug in the last r4279 Windows Build. Popping digital sounds in Prince of Persia. I usually crank sound frequency up to 49716 to get the best results in OPL emulation, but I don't think this is the cause of the issue, because I've always done that and there was no problem at all before r4279. Everything worked fine in the previous build (I think it was r4276).

Does ECE use the latest dosbox SVN? If yes, then I think this is due to:

Fix for clicking sound in Dreamweb in latest SVN?

Reply 819 of 1014, by Dagar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
realnc wrote:
Diduz wrote:

There's an audio bug in the last r4279 Windows Build. Popping digital sounds in Prince of Persia. I usually crank sound frequency up to 49716 to get the best results in OPL emulation, but I don't think this is the cause of the issue, because I've always done that and there was no problem at all before r4279. Everything worked fine in the previous build (I think it was r4276).

Does ECE use the latest dosbox SVN? If yes, then I think this is due to:

Fix for clicking sound in Dreamweb in latest SVN?

I too have noticed the issue with some games out right crashing (was playing Bloodstone - An Epic Dwarven Tale when I first noticed the crash problem).

It started in this commit:

2019-10-31 20:00 harekiet

* [r4278] src/hardware/sblaster.cpp: Fix sblaster autoinit restart
and improve the auto into single cycle transfer handling

r4277 is the last working revision.