VOGONS

First post, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When i try to setup my DOS game Music Audio (Duke Nukem 3D for example) it says " FM Chip not detected", but in Doom 95 the music works fine,what can i do?

7d90647dfa6d9cd0d83e30498697afac.jpg

Reply 1 of 7, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I’m not mistaken, Doom 95 is a Win95 port that uses DirectSound and does not actually access your sound card directly. Unlike Duke Nukem which is a proper DOS game.

What are your specs? What is your soundcard? Have you installed the DOS drivers for it? What resources does it use? Have you tried to run the test (e.g. diagnose.exe for Sound Blaster)?

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 2 of 7, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jheronimus wrote:

If I’m not mistaken, Doom 95 is a Win95 port that uses DirectSound and does not actually access your sound card directly. Unlike Duke Nukem which is a proper DOS game.

What are your specs? What is your soundcard? Have you installed the DOS drivers for it? What resources does it use? Have you tried to run the test (e.g. diagnose.exe for Sound Blaster)?

The laptop is a Toshiba Tecra 730X CDT.

https://usermanual.com/document/7508/toshiba- … cification.html

5dd3dcdefff79e8eca2b01b1694046f2.png

Reply 3 of 7, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC that Tecra used a CS4232 which is Windows Sound System compatible (and has a YMF262), so try the WSS sound options while running Windows?

(Manual's showing up blank fyi)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 7, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

IIRC that Tecra used a CS4232 which is Windows Sound System compatible (and has a YMF262), so try the WSS sound options while running Windows?

(Manual's showing up blank fyi)

where are the wss options? do i need dos drivers for it?
btw the sound blaster works for the sound but not for the music, theres something that needs to be set up, i see that my sound card supports also the sound blaster pro,today ill try it and see what happens.

Reply 5 of 7, by stelth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
stelth wrote:
When i try to setup my DOS game Music Audio (Duke Nukem 3D for example) it says " FM Chip not detected", but in Doom 95 the musi […]
Show full quote

When i try to setup my DOS game Music Audio (Duke Nukem 3D for example) it says " FM Chip not detected", but in Doom 95 the music works fine,what can i do?

7d90647dfa6d9cd0d83e30498697afac.jpg

any tips?

Reply 6 of 7, by MAZter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Perfect ISA soundcard, in theory

Attachments

• Filename
    cwd_dos.zip
    File size
    887.81 KiB