VOGONS

First post, by Ant78900987

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys,

I purchased this card thinking it would work with my Supermicro P4DC6+ however I was unaware of The AGP Pro slots being keyed differently.
I'm really wanting to build the Supermicro up to max spec and use the graphics card. Logically, I thought building another system with
the graphics card in mind was the way to go. 😎 I seem to be lost at finding anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a motherboard that would be suitable for the card and perhaps
a similar card for the Supermicro system?

thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Systems using AGPpro are usually found amoung the high end workstation models of different manufacturers. In my collection IBM Intellistation Mpro and HP Kayak XM800 come to my mind. Intellistation uses an MSI OEM board while the Kayak board seems ASUS branded. Tyan is another manufacturer doing boards with AGPpro. Beware, some Visualize boards (FX4 and FX6) build by HP were able to damage AGPpro ports of non suitable systems due to their extended power draw. I think I use a Wildcat 6110 in one of my two Intellistations.
eisapc

Reply 2 of 2, by wirerogue

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

that's a bummer. there are different variants of agp pro slots.
that card looks like an agp pro 3.3v so it should work in any board with an agp pro 3.3v or universal agp pro slot.
might be easier to go with a newer wildcat. maybe a 7 series.

agpslots.gif
Filename
agpslots.gif
File size
12.13 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception