VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i've got it running in 1024x768 on my voodoo 3000, but there's 'issues'.
the worst one being after i use binoculars it will screw up my hud and outside vehicle view (won't let me use external view).

Anyone can take a screenshot of their glide tab for dg voodoo with working settings please?
Appreciated if anyone has!

MSI MS-6734 KM3M mobo / Athlon XP 3000+ /512mb ddr1 ram
Voodoo 3 3000 PCI @185mhz / Aureal vortex 2 (dell oem)
3dfx ref. drivers win98se and dual boot with winXP-32 bit running amigasport 3.0 3dfx drivers oc'd with koolsmokey's V.Control in XP

Reply 2 of 6, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

I76 Gold/Nitro's Glide backend is only really made for 2MB tmem'd voodoo cards (Voodoo Graphics) and have texture panics on anything more, including Voodoo2s

Okay thanks, I'll try 2mb setting in dgvoodoo.

3dfx ref. drivers win98se and dual boot with winXP-32 bit running amigasport 3.0 3dfx drivers oc'd with koolsmokey's V.Control in XP

Reply 3 of 6, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only wrapper that gives good results with that buggy mess in my experience is nGlide. I get glitches with dgVoodoo regardless of its settings.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 4 of 6, by derpmochump

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
UCyborg wrote on 2019-12-24, 13:07:

The only wrapper that gives good results with that buggy mess in my experience is nGlide. I get glitches with dgVoodoo regardless of its settings.

Oh, can I use nglide to just setup the file? I don't want to emulate glide.

Reply 5 of 6, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't figure out what exactly you're trying to do from what you wrote. nGlide is like dgVoodoo, except that it comes with installer that puts Glide DLLs in system directories so every game sees it right away unless some other Glide DLL is present in the game folder. It can use either D3D9 or Vulkan for rendering and doesn't have all those Voodoo gimmicks exposed in its settings.

On somewhat related note, some time ago I played the game with one of newer test versions of dgVoodoo2 (2.7) for a bit and didn't experience glitches. Voodoo Graphics was selected on Glide tab, 2 MB of onboard RAM and 2048 KB selected for Memory size / TMU.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 6 of 6, by kjliew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2019-12-22, 02:55:

I76 Gold/Nitro's Glide backend is only really made for 2MB tmem'd voodoo cards (Voodoo Graphics) and have texture panics on anything more, including Voodoo2s

Run great with QEMU + OpenGlide. If it really fussed about FB and TMU memory, then OpenGlide reports as Voodoo1 8MB framebuffer and 16MB TMU memory. Perhaps wrap-around or overflow would magically make the game work again 😁.

I76Gold.png
Filename
I76Gold.png
File size
362.17 KiB
Views
File comment
I76 Nitro
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception