VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 23, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

GZdoom 4.1.2b supposedly last version for XP since newer Windows vers compiled with VS2019 using v142 toolset.
https://msfn.org/board/topic/176299-latest-ve … comment-1171775

DOSBox Compilation Guides
DosBox Feature Request Thread
PC Game Compatibility List
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Running DRM games offline

Reply 21 of 23, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SteamLiteXP for Windows XP

Reply 22 of 23, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For the one or two people who bother to read this thread and noticed that I've removed the games from the first post.

I've removed the info because I've gone through and updated the information and am putting it into a spreadsheet that combines the Windows, Linux and Mac game info into one which I'd like to have up by the end of the week.

Left to do:
Test with Goldberg (Currently only works with Vista+ so use SmartSteamEmu for 2000 and XP)
Test with OS <Vista for each game and for the working ones list the method used to get it to work.

Reply 23 of 23, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a Windows XP install that I've disabled ethernet/LAN drivers to keep it offline. I want to start moving my XP games from my Steam library over there -- what's the best way to do this? I've downloaded Tomb Raider Anniversary off my steam library as a test and tried launching without Steam which it does not.

I've downloaded Steamless from github but it's not in a launchable/usable format and the readme says I need to compile it..?