VOGONS

Wheel of Time

Topic actions

First post, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good evening Dege.
I tried the game Wheel of Time on the Unreal Engine 1 engine.
When using dgvoodoo, the game has a bug in the form of flickering textures on trees. And also fps in places runs from 55 to 61.
There is another problem in the form of video clips, on this forum they laid out fix to mov files, if you put it, the video is audible, but a black screen is displayed, and after the game crashes.

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

dgVoodoo has no internal support for QuickTime playback (like for DirectShow), so AFAIK it only works with unforced resolution and unspecified scaling mode.

As for flickering textures (D3D renderer), it's a z-buffering glitch. The game always chooses a 16 bit depth buffer format even if FullscreenColorDepth is set to 32 in the ini files.
I get the same flickering natively.
Set DirectXExt\DepthBuffersBitDepth to 'forcemin24' to force z-buffer to be 24 bit (greater precision) at least.

Reply 2 of 2, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-01-05, 20:18:
dgVoodoo has no internal support for QuickTime playback (like for DirectShow), so AFAIK it only works with unforced resolution a […]
Show full quote

dgVoodoo has no internal support for QuickTime playback (like for DirectShow), so AFAIK it only works with unforced resolution and unspecified scaling mode.

As for flickering textures (D3D renderer), it's a z-buffering glitch. The game always chooses a 16 bit depth buffer format even if FullscreenColorDepth is set to 32 in the ini files.
I get the same flickering natively.
Set DirectXExt\DepthBuffersBitDepth to 'forcemin24' to force z-buffer to be 24 bit (greater precision) at least.

The textures really stopped flickering. It’s a pity that the videos cannot be raised in any way for high resolution in the game.
Thank you so much for your help!