Common searches

Lithtech game performance

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 42, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Has anyone tested playing the games with the dynamic lighting turned completely off? Because dgvoodoo2's notes mentions that causing a massive hitch.

I kinda wish WineD3D worked more like dgvoodoo2 for these old "16-bit only" games because I'm getting really tired of the poor performance and ugly colour banding everywhere. I wish it "promoted" 16-bit to 32-bit proper without the game even realizing it.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 41 of 42, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just checked out the performance of NOLF and SHOGO on 2 of my machines: Win98 Xeon 3230 w/ Radeon 9800 Pro & Win XP Xeon 5690 w/GTX 780ti.

Both games run smooth at over 60FPS with no stuttering no matter what is going on onscreen. I did notice that some minor frame dropping on the XP machine particularly while turning and strafing at the same time but I'm betting this is mostly due to the mouse or possibly newer drivers. I use to have a P4 3.4Ghz with the Radeon 9800 Pro and I don't remember there being any frame rate problems with that either...

I also played it on the Xeon 3230 Win98 machine with a single Voodoo 2 card. This generally ran the game at 60FPS but I did see when there were a lot of particle effects (explosions, smoke, etc...) that it did slow down to around 30 FPS or so. This is just eyeballing everything but I thought I'd chime in.

EDIT:

Just gave these a try on my Shuttle PC: Athlon 3700+ W/Geforce ti4200 Win XP, Everything ran perfectly and over 60 FPS at all times on both NOLF and SHOGO.

Reply 42 of 42, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really should test Shogo on my WinME machine now that my (apparently European) retail copy arrived. I only played it as far as the intro level so far. That said, ran fine at 1600x1200 with 4x FSAA. ...But a 3.2ghz E5800 and Radeon X800 Pro is probably not a typical config for running Shogo on Win ME. 😜