VOGONS

First post, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got a handful of early IBM flat panels, model number 9507. They support rudimentary power saving via two PS/2 pigtail connectors that have passthrough connectors for PS/2 keyboard and mouse.

I thought several of them were nonfunctional but it turns out they work well, but the proprietary power-saving connector thing is dead.

They are the same LCD as contained in the following IBM laptops: 345C, 365C, 365CD, 370C, 365E, 700C, 701C, 720C, 750C, 755C, 755C, 755CDV, 755CE, 755CV, 755CX, 820, 850

Does anyone have technical information on the pinouts for those LCD panels? They will power on, and one shows an illuminated dead pixel, but for unknown reasons either it's being forced blank or the VGA signal is not being passed on.

Using the panels with a "good" cable is successful, I get an image with no issues.

I've attached two photos, will attach more later. I'm still attempting to trace all the wires and see what's up.

Can anyone identify the square white plastic blocks on the main board? FL1 and FL2? It looks like those are ferrite cores but on the back of the board there are seven solder points; maybe they're simply mount points for the package itself though...

It doesn't seem like there's a lot that could go wrong here to be honest, unless the little 74F125 has failed which I think is pretty unlikely.

daughterboard.jpg
Filename
daughterboard.jpg
File size
814.8 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
adapter.jpg
Filename
adapter.jpg
File size