VOGONS

First post, by psychofox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i recently purchased this great looking Aztech card.

https://ibb.co/8jzFBFp

Unfortunately cant get it working, tried different Aztech drivers.
Googled FCC id: i38-mmsn819 isnt helping much either.

Reply 1 of 10, by imi

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

interesting card, seems to be meant to interface with some sort of external I/O box? google said something about a CD-Rom unit... haven't seen that one before, I'd like to know more too ^^

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/SUPPORT/DOWNLOAD/sg/index.txt

I'd try the waverider drivers, as they have the same chipsets and wavetable

Reply 2 of 10, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
imi wrote on 2020-02-11, 14:21:

google said something about a CD-Rom unit... haven't seen that one before, I'd like to know more too ^^

Goldstar interface. I have an external CD-ROM drive with that interface (but no interface card...).

Reply 3 of 10, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quite an interesting Aztech card.
I'm wondering whether the jack is a speaker/line out jack or an input jack (line in/mic in).
I agree with imi. Try the drivers for I38-MMSN826. Hopefully the jack is a line out jack which you can then connect to your speakers.

Reply 4 of 10, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jesolo wrote on 2020-02-11, 16:12:

I'm wondering whether the jack is a speaker/line out jack or an input jack (line in/mic in).
I agree with imi. Try the drivers for I38-MMSN826. Hopefully the jack is a line out jack which you can then connect to your speakers.

MMSN826 matches the AZT2316 and the ICS MIDI, but what about that AZT2302 - never seen that one before...?

Reply 5 of 10, by daikatana_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found this on some Russian forum. This is supposed to be matching ID for the card: https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1309&d … 9,4052082&hl=ru

I don't speak Russian, so I had to trust Google Translate 😀

And these should be the drivers for the Explorer: https://www.phantom.sannata.org/download/file … a246125327061ca

Game MIDI soundtracks

Retro games and HW reviews

Reply 7 of 10, by psychofox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks everybody, yes it seems to be Aztech Explorer. I listened some samples of Waverider 32 (same wavetable chip), it imho very nice sounding card. Unfortunately mine seems to be dead, no driver or software can see the card 🙁
This card has seen some bad days, few capacitors were bent down, maybe this can be the problem?

Reply 10 of 10, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dionb wrote on 2020-02-11, 16:29:
jesolo wrote on 2020-02-11, 16:12:

MMSN826 matches the AZT2316 and the ICS MIDI, but what about that AZT2302 - never seen that one before...?

Indeed - I have pictures of a a number of different Aztech sound cards and none of them has that AZT2302 chipset.
However, the ICS Wavefront & WaveROM chips are the same as that of the Waverider 32+ (I38-MMSN826).