VOGONS

AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 782, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have no money, but I really like the idea. The EMU 8000 finally gets a quality card design it deserves. 😸

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 245 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Extensive testing, some minor bugs (or features - we haven't decided yet) are still present.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 247 of 782, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Menkau_ra wrote on 2020-02-24, 01:53:

This is a sound card that I was looking for many years.
Please make it “buy it now”, I am ready to purchase.

Like he said, he's working out the kinks. If you've really been waiting all this time, you'll have patience to wait a few more months.

Reply 250 of 782, by the Goat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brownk wrote on 2020-03-05, 08:25:

Btw, I'd like to see a distinctive box design for this project. If possible, something that stands out from the crowd with 90's feel. Box arts in these days are all awfully minimalistic tbh.

Please don't waste time/effort/money designing and producing boxes.

Reply 251 of 782, by brownk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
the Goat wrote on 2020-03-05, 18:09:

Suppose you just bought a lamborghini and it's towed to you like it is a 96 honda civic.

I'm pretty sure you will not be very pleased.

This card ain't going to be just another cheap noname clone you can pick it off ebay.

Trust me. This will command a decent sum, and you will want a proper box.

Reply 252 of 782, by the Goat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brownk wrote on 2020-03-06, 22:30:
Suppose you just bought a lamborghini and it's towed to you like it is a 96 honda civic. […]
Show full quote
the Goat wrote on 2020-03-05, 18:09:

Suppose you just bought a lamborghini and it's towed to you like it is a 96 honda civic.

I'm pretty sure you will not be very pleased.

This card ain't going to be just another cheap noname clone you can pick it off ebay.

Trust me. This will command a decent sum, and you will want a proper box.

I would throw the box away just like I've done with every box for every expansion card I've ever purchased. Why would I keep a box for an expansion card installed in my computer?

Reply 254 of 782, by nathanieltolbert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This again seems like a really cool project. A good sound card design, for ... an mid to late Pentium I, possibly with MMX, right? Good for Windows 95 OSR2? This is a very cool card. I will add it to the two other cards I am looking at.

Reply 255 of 782, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Following this as well, cool project!

I don't really care about a box for hardware, modern or retro and I don't think it's really reasonable to invest resources in that for such a "niche" project (no offense, I love projects like this one!).
I only keep boxes for stuff I may store for longer periods of time, when proper protection makes sense or if I know I'll probably be reselling it at some point.

Game boxes, that's another story 😀 but hey, to each his own anyways.