VOGONS

First post, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, first of all, I didn't want to revive an old thread. I did search them but I really didn't find my answer so...

Recently I got a SB Live "Value" CT4830 for my Retro project. It has SB16 emulation which works fine in pure DOS (I've used Phil's drivers and reboot to DOS files).
I was wondering if it's possible to have SB16 emulation inside Windows DOS boxes while using the WDM drivers, as I need those for digital audio output from both my optical drive (which doesn't have analog out) and Daemon Tools virtual drive.

Thanks in advance.

The Recycling Center Special
ASRock K7VM3 | AMD Sempron 2200+ | 512MB DDR333 | inno3D GeForce FX5200 | Sound Blaster Live! CT4830
"Who wants some Wang?"

Reply 1 of 2, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yea i dont think so.

wdm just cant work with the vxd sb emulation. maybe a cheaper no brand pci card with wdm drivers you can daisy chain to the sb live, solely for cd audio via daemon tools.

i'm actually in the middle of dealing with this myself, i've got an aureal vortex 2 and i am gonna shove my sb live in as a wdm-only card for cd emulation.

Reply 2 of 2, by Zaphod Beeblebrox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay I don't know whats going on but CD audio works with the VXD drivers!

I've been told it would not but in fact it does work (tested Wipeout XL and Quake II).

Just in case, I used THIS installation CD.

Now everything works, SB16 on DOS inside windows, CD audio and EAX.

Nifty card considering what I paid for it

The Recycling Center Special
ASRock K7VM3 | AMD Sempron 2200+ | 512MB DDR333 | inno3D GeForce FX5200 | Sound Blaster Live! CT4830
"Who wants some Wang?"