VOGONS

First post, by MasterofDos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I pulled out an ancient disc of command and conquer, and I thought I'd try to replay the dos versions, got an iso made of the disc I found (the GDI disc), the second after I use either setup.exe or install.exe, it automatically instead issues a command "win SETUP.EXE"

I've got a screenshot but just in case here is what it looks like:

D:\>SETUP.EXE

D:\>SETUP.EXE
Illegal command: win

I'm not sure why it's doing this or what I'm missing since I remember there is a dos version I played before we eventually got windows

While I do own the complete cnc collection on origin, this is more about revisiting something then anything else

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like you're trying to install the Windows 95 version which is Windows only. You'll need the older version.

I want to say you can install covert operations and use those executables with the Win95 ver but it's been a long time.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 3, by MasterofDos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

'K Turns out the reason I remembered a dos version is we owned both, or at least the nod version I can't find the dos GDI disc(or the nod win95 disc which may explain a few things), I found disc and after making an iso that works perfectly.

I just assumed they would let you install on either os but clearly they are entirely different setups