VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by PlaneVuki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,

1) How can get Quake2 to run on win7 x64 using opengl mode? (Solved)

2) How to make BF 1942 multiplayer demo run on my laptop? (Not solved yet) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When I run it, black screen come for a few moments, then it quits.

Laptop specs: i3 2ghz cpu, 4gb ram, intel hd graphics 520 gpu, win7x64 sp1

What I tried so far(it didn't work): compatibility modes, run as admin, DEP exception

https://youtu.be/G6H58S9AECc

Last edited by PlaneVuki on 2020-04-10, 14:41. Edited 6 times in total.

Reply 1 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try this Re: 9800 pro issues with Quake 2 OpenGL

There also used to be an option to setup a profile in the nvidia drivers for fix this. Not sure if it's still in there or not.

You can also try the Quake 2 v3.24 unofficial patch by knightmare
http://www.markshan.com/knightmare/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's not how you should do things since it messes up the posts. You should either start with a topic and a post for several games or keep the thread geared to one topic.

Your initial post was for Quake 2. You got your answer and then your changed your post. This isn't a chat program, it's a forum.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 11, by mockingbird

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BF1942 compatibility with newer operating systems is well-established and there is (or was, until recently) an active online multiplayer base for its Desert Combat expansions.

You should be able to find the info and downloads you need.

mslrlv.png
(Decommissioned:)
7ivtic.png

Reply 7 of 11, by PlaneVuki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

An update: I have another computer on which I have windows7 x32 and bf1942 worrks on it good.

It is 64bit capable though, and I installed windows7 x64 and tried bf1942, it works good.

So bf1942 fails not because I have 64bit OS but some other reason, my specs: i3 2ghz cpu, 4gb ram, intel hd 520 gpu, windows7 x64.

Can someone please help to get it work? Why it doesn't work? I have many other, old and new games, all work good.

Reply 10 of 11, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
yochenhsieh wrote on 2020-04-14, 00:41:

In my experience, intel gpu is not good for old games.

I would say that's understatement... Especially on OpenGL and before Vista.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98