First post, by DenizOezmen
recently I toyed around with an ASUS P3B-F, and obviously I came across the modified "Noa" BIOS for this board. While effective, I disliked the way some of the changes were done, so I decided to re-do everything (and add a little bit more). Maybe somebody else can make use of it. The mod is based on the last official beta BIOS 1008.004 and includes the following changes:
- support of multipliers 12.5x through 16.0x on the "Advanced" tab of the BIOS Setup Utility, including display of suggested CPU speeds for standard FSB speeds
- support of displaying normalized frequencies at bootup for multipliers 12.5x through 16.0x at standard FSB speeds
- fix for the display of processor brand names at bootup, including support for Pentium III-S processors
- fix for the display of frequency suffixes (A, E, B, EB) at bootup according to Intel datasheets
- support of an additional voltage range for processors with Tualatin core to suppress Hardware Monitor errors at bootup
- updated processor microcodes
- fixed display of multiplier 2.0x for processors with Klamath core (P3B-F and P3V4X)
- unlocked core voltages for undervolting
- added Setup Utility "Enable" option for Symbios SCSI BIOS to force loading the ROM module even if no matching adapter is present
- CUBX: updated CMD Ultra66 ROM to version 1.9.16
- CUBX-E/L: updated Promise Ultra100 ROM to version 188.8.131.52
All BIOSes seem to work fine here. Still, make sure you have a working crisis recovery procedure before attempting to use them.
Edit 2019-10-30: Fixed suffix for Celeron 900; ported changes to ASUS CUBX-E/L, beta revision 1008.004.
Edit 2020-05-12: Fixed display of multiplier 2.0x for Klamath processors on P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-17: Enabled selection of VCore voltages lower than stock voltage for P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-20: Fixed a bug that caused the VCore voltage menu to stay hidden.
Edit 2o20-05-21: Added "Enable" option for Symbios SCSI BIOS on P3B-F.
Edit 2020-05-30: Uploaded latest versions for P3V4X and CUBX-E/L after testing.
Edit 2020-06-18: Uplodad latest version for CUBX after testing.