Topic actions

Reply 820 of 1466, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-04-06, 23:51:

Hi guys, the site is currently down.

I got a message from the VPS provider that the service was suspended because a bandwidth limit was exceeded, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's just from normal usage, or if there was some kind of DoS attack.

Will let y'all know when I have more information.

If it's not a DoS attack and due to us leeching your bw, feel free to open a patreon or something, I'd be OK with chipping in a bit to support Vogonsdrivers and I'm sure many others would be as well.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 821 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Patreon isn't a bad idea, appiah!! I'll look in to it.

In other news: Site is back up, and 10GB of transfer was burned through in just 20 minutes or so... definitely something fishy going on.

I blocked a few IPs and adjusted a few settings, and I'll be keeping an eye on things. Let me know if there are any issues.

Should get around to adding new users in the next day or two, sorry for any delays!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 822 of 1466, by Silver The Gamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have 2 Nvidia Riva 128 drivers i want to share. The 1.27 driver for windows 3.1 and the AGP version of the 3.37 driver for Windows 9x are already on the site, but I want to contribute the PCI version of the Windows 9x driver, as well as the Windows NT driver. Can i just post the links here? They can be downloaded from the Nvidia site but i want them to be mirrored

Reply 823 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-04-07, 06:44:
Patreon isn't a bad idea, appiah!! I'll look in to it. […]
Show full quote

Patreon isn't a bad idea, appiah!! I'll look in to it.

In other news: Site is back up, and 10GB of transfer was burned through in just 20 minutes or so... definitely something fishy going on.

I blocked a few IPs and adjusted a few settings, and I'll be keeping an eye on things. Let me know if there are any issues.

Should get around to adding new users in the next day or two, sorry for any delays!

10GB ? Someone try to leech all the files, maybe using a script of some type ? I cannot see a single person being able to do that without help of some type unless they are very fast with a mouse. Good work !

Update: while just looking around in the library about 6:30-7pm, came back for a file and suddenly about 7:30pm PST it hung giving "The connection has timed out" for a very long while. Not sure if that will help you but gives a time frame maybe...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 824 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have evidence of various IPs trying to scrape/mirror the site, with that in mind I've completed some dev work, and implemented a new anti-leeching mechanism.

This should be completely transparent to most users, but should significantly slow down anyone trying to download every single file on the site in one hit.

As usual, let me know if there are any issues.

Reply 825 of 1466, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it helps, some day during the previous 2-3 days the site was taking way too long to respond and frequently failing to do so. I was able to download a driver after ~50 attempts to reach the download link, refreshing every page many times until it loads

Last edited by konc on 2020-04-08, 10:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 826 of 1466, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As konc mentioned, I can also confirm that there seems to be some issues at the moment. I experience timeouts which require many refresh attempts before the page finally loads.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 827 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What's the timeframe for these difficulties you guys have been having?

I just downloaded a large-ish file from there and the speed was pretty good, completed without retries:

dl_speed.png
Filename
dl_speed.png
File size
10.28 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 828 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just tried and the site would not load at all, tried Firefox and Chrome. Both gave an error:
"The connection has timed out. The server at www.vogonsdrivers.com is taking too long to respond."

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 829 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Loads fine for me. I wonder if there is a problem with one of the backbone providers.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 830 of 1466, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Works for me so far. Possible network hiccup somewhere.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 831 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can someone pleas upload some additional ATI Catalyst Win9x drivers - especially for Radeon 7000 - X850 line? Phil has nice collection of Nvidia drivers:
https://www.philscomputerlab.com/nvidia-9x-gr … cs-drivers.html

I have big problem to find same thing for ATI, most of links are dead.. i hope that at least someone has them on local disks. Even some list of existing drivers, or changelog would help. If im not wrong last one for Win9x is 6.2.. and first one i maybe 0.2.5 (or 2.1 im not sure).

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 832 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AMD still has the 6.2 Win9x set available for download.

I might have some older ones but I kinda doubt it.

Pretty sure I have all of the old NVIDIA drivers as I mirrored the ftp a while ago.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 833 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used archive.org to make some ATI 9x drivers collection, here is temporary download link to my Dropbox - i cant keep it alive for long, its just for Vogons driver library migration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x04vz4c1ougn1y/%21 … lection.7z?dl=0

Here is files list:

Spoiler

ATI Catalyst 2.2 Driver - Windows 98 and ME.exe
ATI Catalyst 2.3 Driver - Windows 98 and ME.exe
ATI Catalyst 2.4 Driver - Windows 98 and ME.exe
ATI Catalyst 2.5 Driver - Windows 98 and ME.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.1 Driver - Windows 98 and ME.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.4 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.5 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.6 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.7 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 3.8 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.3 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.4 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.5 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.6 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.7 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.9 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 4.12 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.2 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.6 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.7 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.8 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.9 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.11 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.12 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 5.13 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 6.1 Driver.exe
ATI Catalyst 6.2 Win98.exe

How you can see, there are some obvious holes in ranges, some drivers, i wasnt able to find..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 834 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If nobody else does, I'll download when I get home and upload to vogonsdrivers.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 835 of 1466, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-04-08, 23:42:

What's the timeframe for these difficulties you guys have been having?

It's not consistent for me, most of the times it's perfect while others something is really broken in the way for a couple of hours. Today for example it was fine all day. I'll leave another reply if it happens again, although I'm not an everyday/heavy user

Reply 836 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ruthan wrote on 2020-04-13, 17:13:

I used archive.org to make some ATI 9x drivers collection, here is temporary download link to my Dropbox - i cant keep it alive for long, its just for Vogons driver library migration:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x04vz4c1ougn1y/%21 … lection.7z?dl=0

Got it Thanks !
Is too big for me to upload to the library, need an ftp login.

konc wrote on 2020-04-13, 18:52:

It's not consistent for me, most of the times it's perfect while others something is really broken in the way for a couple of hours. Today for example it was fine all day. I'll leave another reply if it happens again, although I'm not an everyday/heavy user

Not consistent for me either, this AM was looking thru it but now am getting time-outs again. Most likely related to my ISP.

Reply 837 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got it Thanks !

I uploaded it as one big file, only to savee time.. when someone with rights to upload to libary would add it, it of course make sense add it file by file to decrease download sizes / times.

Reply 838 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, I downloaded it as well. Going to see if I have or can find any missing versions before I start uploading.

Edit: Found a bunch more. Working on downloading now.. will probably take a while cause archive.org is not very quick.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 839 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Horun wrote on 2020-04-13, 21:21:

Got it Thanks !

You can use the "Get FTP Login" link on the left.

Then connect with the credentials shown on the page that loads, and upload your files.

Then use the "Process FTP Uploads" link on the left to add them to the database.

@ruthan I uploaded the ATi driver collection for you. Cheers! 😀