hard1k wrote:

Now three:
Clone of Amstrad's Adlib clone

Reply 21 of 151, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I find it strange that there are no SB Pro clones so far.. Surely someone must have dumped the DSP?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 22 of 151, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm very slowly working on something that is gonna be SBpro (and possibly WSS) compatible, though it isn't gonna see light of day in the form it is but the successor will certainly be (and it also gonna be SB16 compatible).

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 23 of 151, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tiido wrote:

I'm very slowly working on something that is gonna be SBpro (and possibly WSS) compatible, though it isn't gonna see light of day in the form it is but the successor will certainly be (and it also gonna be SB16 compatible).

Great to hear Tiido, sign me up for one 😀

Is your YMF card still on sale by the way? I looked at your site the other day and I couldn't find price or ordering information..

Reply 24 of 151, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The YMF card is sort of an a hiatus. Everything went to shit early this year due to a fake key component (MIDI chip) and no replacement seems to exist, which is why the 8bit card seen on my last port got developed to create my own MIDI synth using modern parts... But it takes too long due to having to work on other people's stuff to keep my wallet from dying... Anyway the Yamaha gacd project gets completed without the MIDI chip next year (people can supply their own YMF704/721 for inclusion on the card), hopefully before winter is over. It comes down to money which is very lacking right now.

Reply 25 of 151, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tiido wrote:

The YMF card is sort of an a hiatus. Everything went to shit early this year due to a fake key component (MIDI chip) and no replacement seems to exist, which is why the 8bit card seen on my last port got developed to create my own MIDI synth using modern parts... But it takes too long due to having to work on other people's stuff to keep my wallet from dying... Anyway the Yamaha gacd project gets completed without the MIDI chip next year (people can supply their own YMF704/721 for inclusion on the card), hopefully before winter is over. It comes down to money which is very lacking right now.

I would have bought one I think, if it was available, but this story is sad to hear.. Intrigued about the 8-bit card though, I'll be watching it closely.

So the closest cards to the SB Pro available for purchase anytime soon is the Orpheus?

Reply 28 of 151, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote on 2020-01-03, 19:45:

Do the various flavors of Dreamblaster count?

They arent reproductions of any particular daughterboard really..

Reply 31 of 151, by Benedikt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
LightStruk wrote on 2020-03-09, 13:29:

Added Benedikt's Revolution SSI-2001.

I called it "Renovation SSI-2001", not "Revolution SSI-2001".
That name might sound a bit silly, but it only changes two letters and is therefore closer to the original, yet different enough to prevent people from mistaking it for the original.
Aside from that, my component substitution is indeed closer to renovation work.
Referring to this third SSI-2001-compatible card as "Revolution" would be a bit of a stretch.

Reply 33 of 151, by perhenden

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

An addition:
There's an 8-bit ISA adlib clone on ebay, manufactured by "Sun, Moon, Star", described as "VINTAGE NEW ADLIB 8 BIT ISA SOUND CARD WITH SPEAKER OUT AND VOLUME CONTROL".
I bought it and it looks ok.

Source:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-NEW-ADLIB- … OL/324104609639

Reply 34 of 151, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That doesn't look like a modern thing but something made in 90's

Reply 36 of 151, by perhenden

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, I took "new" to mean manufactured recently, but it is marketing speak for "old, but never used" 😀
This explains why the manufacturer doesn't have a web presence!
+1 to authenticity for my build then, on the plus side.

Reply 39 of 151, by TexElec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Shameless plug here. 😀 We made a new sound card! The Resound 2 OPL3 MCA. It's an adlib clone / OPL3 based sound card for the microchannel bus!

https://texelec.com/product/resound-2-opl3-mc … nnel-computers/