VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 840 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@SqualStrife - thanks, i but i really thing that is would be better to upload it unpacked per file, so traffic would be smaller and in future other would be able easily add versions which i wasnt able to find.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 841 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-04-13, 23:25:
You can use the "Get FTP Login" link on the left. […]
Show full quote
Horun wrote on 2020-04-13, 21:21:

Got it Thanks !
Is too big for me to upload to the library, need an ftp login.

You can use the "Get FTP Login" link on the left.

Then connect with the credentials shown on the page that loads, and upload your files.

Then use the "Process FTP Uploads" link on the left to add them to the database.

@ruthan I uploaded the ATi driver collection for you. Cheers! 😀

Thanks ! I did not know that. Thought I would have to ask you for FTP access.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 842 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@SquallStrife - I wonder are you willing to host some Windows 98 updates pack or you are afraid of MS?
Because WIndows 98 internet update is no more working and there are some update packs etc, but they are quite aggressive, so i made some old repack with possibility to install it one by one, grouping - official / unofficial packs in different folders and some special folder for updates, which dont give you possibility to get update info without installing, some better filesName (description for some what it si updating) etc.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 843 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It sounds interesting, however going in to service packs and OS updates kind of opens a floodgate, one that I don't have the HDD space to handle right now!!

I'm looking at opening up a Patreon campaign soonish. If it gets to the right level of funding, I can move the site to a bigger server, which will give us TONNES of HDD space to play with. However, right now we are rather limited in that regard.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 844 of 1466, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thing to watch out for with the updates are the ones that can't be used without paying Microsoft for post EOL support and tracking to make sure those don't get uploaded would be a chore. For those you'd be better off uploading to Internet Archive.

Something else to consider is as oppossed to drivers if you start hosting updates for all versions of Windows then that's going to be alot more bandwidth versus just hosting drivers.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 845 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-04-15, 01:33:

It sounds interesting, however going in to service packs and OS updates kind of opens a floodgate, one that I don't have the HDD space to handle right now!!

I'm looking at opening up a Patreon campaign soonish. If it gets to the right level of funding, I can move the site to a bigger server, which will give us TONNES of HDD space to play with. However, right now we are rather limited in that regard.

Are you hosting this yourself or are you paying for hosting?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 846 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote on 2020-04-15, 03:09:

Thing to watch out for with the updates are the ones that can't be used without paying Microsoft for post EOL support and tracking to make sure those don't get uploaded would be a chore. For those you'd be better off uploading to Internet Archive.

Something else to consider is as oppossed to drivers if you start hosting updates for all versions of Windows then that's going to be alot more bandwidth versus just hosting drivers.

Both good points!!

cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-15, 03:41:

Are you hosting this yourself or are you paying for hosting?

Renting a VPS

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 847 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What i want to do it really only some repack of Autopatcher, to make it possible to install selectively.

Autopatcher is still on some not obscure sites like Majorgeeks, Softpedia, Download.com so it not seems to be under MS radar at least for now.

When i extracted just official and official patches and added some runtimes and pack it with 7zip it still has 70 MB.. With few more, patches and runtimes (VBruntimes, C++,.Net, few codecs,ASPI etc) i would be ~100 MB, nothing big.

Autopatcher is too aggresive by default and its aimed more toward new programs compatibility, not what we need for gaming and for old games compatibility. MDGX - http://www.mdgx.com/upd98me.php is too modern possible oriented and always when i look into it, its making PhD from Win9x.

Reply 848 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The 2004 Microsoft Update CD is already on vogonsdrivers. I don't see a need to have updates on there separately as that CD should have everything for Win98 already besides the unofficial updates.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 849 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just discovered the most awesomest utility to bulk download files from web.archive.org

It is the Wayback Machine Downloader:
https://github.com/hartator/wayback-machine-downloader

No more having to download files one-by-one. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 850 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-15, 21:38:

The 2004 Microsoft Update CD is already on vogonsdrivers.

Autopatcher is from 2007 +2008 to there would be some delta.

cyclone3d wrote on 2020-04-15, 21:38:

I don't see a need to have updates on there separately as that CD should have everything for Win98 already besides the unofficial updates.

There are some advantages:
1) You can test how system behave only with some set of updates and check if everything is ok.
2) Its Windows 98 so not every update (especially unofficial ones) would be better and you install bunch of them good luck to find which one is bad one..
3) When you install one by one, you can check description and install something what actually make sense for you.

Reply 851 of 1466, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm not sure where to put this ….. but I recently found my original installation disk for my sounbalster live 5.1 card. Its a SB0100 .
Before I found it I had used every iso and driver on this forum, but none were like this one. The original CD wont install because of all the scratches, but I managed to copy all the files and create a new install cd that works great.

I think some people might really benefit from this one. It gives the option to use VXD or MWD drivers. Its a great install cd if you have a 5.1 card. How would I get it as part of the database here ?

Here is a picture of the disk
N3eoomB.jpg

Reply 852 of 1466, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Law212 wrote on 2020-04-18, 19:37:

How would I get it as part of the database here ?

You can upload the image to zippyshare or mediafire so that a mod can grab it and add it to the database. Both websites offer free file hosting and don't require you to register nor create an account.

I'm interested in that CD since I have the exact same model.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 854 of 1466, by wadrasil

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to submit these drivers for VMware's SVGA II Device, they are confirmed working via Qemu for Windows or Linux. They work in Windows 98SE and Windows XP VM's. I highly recommend using / emulating a USB mouse and or Tablet while using these. These are VMwares drivers without an installer. Games do not seem to work with these, no DX support in limited testing. However other apps programs work well.

Attachments

• Filename
    VMWARE-VIDEO-XP.zip
    File size
    2.24 MiB
    Downloads
    49 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    VMW95.zip
    File size
    11.42 KiB
    Downloads
    45 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 855 of 1466, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Been a while since I posted, but I'd like to contribute a driver (found this to be a pain to get hold of)

It's for the Saitek Megapad XII MX-631M branded on the back as "MEGA WORLD INTERNATIONAL"

It's a 6 Button PC Gameport Game Pad with a really nice Microswitched D-Pad, and various turbo switches and 2 speeds for the tubro.

Driver is tested and working on my own systems.

Attachments

• Filename
    MX631M.zip
    File size
    627.02 KiB
    Downloads
    48 downloads
    File comment
    Saitek Megapad XII MX-631M Driver (win 9x)
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 856 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks ! Right now my ISP is having issues or would add them direct to the library.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 858 of 1466, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't seem to download anything from the driver archive. I downloaded a few files a little while ago, now I just get a blank page when I click download links.
The console is reporting error 503, Service Not Available. It's been down for close to an hour now I think.

http://vogonsdrivers.com/index.php?catid=1&menustate=0,0

HALP!

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.