Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 680 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dwilamart wrote on 2020-03-23, 06:43:
Peixoto wrote on 2020-03-21, 03:13:

Try the fix windows size option for LBA 1 (i don't know if the option is available for LBA 1 yet, but it will be in the next update) and different compatibility settings (cpu tab) for LBA 2

Hello Peixoto,

The fix window size is not an option for LBA1. For LBA2, the compatibility settings that you speak of are the different windows operating systems? I tried every single one and it had no effect.

No, i just haven't release the current version that allows this option. Anyway, you can just add:

WHKS=True
in the
little big adventure.ini file

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-03-23, 21:48. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 683 of 890, by Dwilamart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-03-23, 12:22:
No, i just haven't release the current version that allows this option. Anyway, you can just add: […]
Show full quote
Dwilamart wrote on 2020-03-23, 06:43:
Peixoto wrote on 2020-03-21, 03:13:

Try the fix windows size option for LBA 1 (i don't know if the option is available for LBA 1 yet, but it will be in the next update) and different compatibility settings (cpu tab) for LBA 2

Hello Peixoto,

The fix window size is not an option for LBA1. For LBA2, the compatibility settings that you speak of are the different windows operating systems? I tried every single one and it had no effect.

No, i just haven't release the current version that allows this option. Anyway, you can just add:

WHKS=True
in the
little big adventure.ini file

Hello Peixoto,

I added that line into the little big adventure.ini file and it showed a white full screen (beginning of the Adeline logo) with the original cropped window in the top left corner. I tried hitting F10 to enter windowed mode and then it would show the screen sized appropriately, but the image was frozen. After pressing F10 again, the program would close.

Thanks,
David

Reply 686 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
nuanug wrote on 2020-03-25, 09:44:

video shows, but with scanlines, anyway to remove it?.

It does by default, the lines i instructed you to erase disabled it.

This lines in you log:
ptr 245191352 use 245127136 sz 17120 hwnd 245127136
ptr 244888848 use 245127584 sz 4252 hwnd 245127584
ptr 244948856 use 245127640 sz 652 hwnd 245127640
ptr 244932696 use 245127360 sz 948 hwnd 245127360

show that the pixel shader that implements it, was created correclly. How it doesn't work, i have no idea.
Try to enable that xbrz option a start the game on software mode to see if the problem is with pixel shaders in general
or just the deinterlace shader

Reply 688 of 890, by Maxymo_7SIX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, in the Tomb raider 2or3 configuration the standard paths for texture swapping are in c:\Users\Name\Documents\games\Tomb Raider...
It's possible to change the paths?? I want put textures in another drive... Thanx

Reply 689 of 890, by dementedgopher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto,

I am trying to use Tomb Raider IV using your program. I have downloaded the multipatch and it has worked successfully on both my playthroughs of TR 2 and TR 3. However when trying to start TR 4 I get the message "Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation CD" with only the options to retry or cancel. Holding shift to launch setup does the same thing and it is updated to the latest version.

Note I have used the Steam version for all of these.

Are you able to help with this?

Reply 691 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Maxymo_7SIX wrote on 2020-04-04, 22:26:

Hi, in the Tomb raider 2or3 configuration the standard paths for texture swapping are in c:\Users\Name\Documents\games\Tomb Raider...
It's possible to change the paths?? I want put textures in another drive... Thanx

Sorry, its not possible

dementedgopher wrote on 2020-04-05, 12:06:
Hi Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

Hi Peixoto,

I am trying to use Tomb Raider IV using your program. I have downloaded the multipatch and it has worked successfully on both my playthroughs of TR 2 and TR 3. However when trying to start TR 4 I get the message "Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation CD" with only the options to retry or cancel. Holding shift to launch setup does the same thing and it is updated to the latest version.

Note I have used the Steam version for all of these.

Are you able to help with this?

You'll have to create an iso from your steam installation files or another method i can't talk about here

ZellSF wrote on 2020-04-08, 15:39:

Any status on adding more supported (base) resolutions for resolution forcing?

Its done in the version currently in development, but it still needs a lot of work to be released, and i can't do it right now because i have a 4 years old daughter with no school and a 7 months old baby daughter with no nanny, thanks to the c-virus outbreak

Reply 693 of 890, by don_tomaso

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Peixoto,

Thank you very much for making this patch, I´m playing tomb raider 2 with it now and it works very well.

I have a bug/issue report, and then a question for you.

First of all, I have win 10 with 150% desktop zoom (in display option) on my TV, and that also make the game zoomed in 150%. I´ve tried toying around with all options in your injector but none seems to have any effect. It´s not a big deal really, I just set it to 100% when I want to play, but thought you might want to know.

Second, playing TR2 made me remember another similar game from that era, Fade to black. It seems however that is has got no love from people like you over the years, as I can´t find any widescreen fixes and similar for it. So I was just curious if it would be hard to apply your fixes to that game too?

LINK REMOVED. SO CALLED "ABANDONWARE" NOT ALLOWED HERE

Reply 694 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
don_tomaso wrote on 2020-04-19, 14:28:
Hello Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

Hello Peixoto,

Thank you very much for making this patch, I´m playing tomb raider 2 with it now and it works very well.

I have a bug/issue report, and then a question for you.

First of all, I have win 10 with 150% desktop zoom (in display option) on my TV, and that also make the game zoomed in 150%. I´ve tried toying around with all options in your injector but none seems to have any effect. It´s not a big deal really, I just set it to 100% when I want to play, but thought you might want to know.

Second, playing TR2 made me remember another similar game from that era, Fade to black. It seems however that is has got no love from people like you over the years, as I can´t find any widescreen fixes and similar for it. So I was just curious if it would be hard to apply your fixes to that game too?

LINK REMOVED. SO CALLED "ABANDONWARE" NOT ALLOWED HERE

For TR II, on the CPU tab there is an option: Hight DPI aware. Enable it

Fade to Black is (AFIK) a DOS game. Its beyond my skillset and methods. Even if it was a windows game, widescreen hacks are not trivial to me

Reply 695 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Petrorius wrote on 2020-04-15, 17:46:

Hello there, I downloaded your patch but Windows Defender falg it as Trojan... Is it a false positive, isn't it?

EDIT: I disabled Windows Defender, Help.exe start the game but it is all black...

Please help me out here. I'm just an hobbit programmer and i'm glad to help, but you didn't even mention the game you're trying .

Please post the CONTENTS of your error.log file. Please don't upload the file somewhere. Open it with ANY text editor and post its contents here

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-04-23, 04:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 696 of 890, by don_tomaso

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-04-20, 01:56:
don_tomaso wrote on 2020-04-19, 14:28:

For TR II, on the CPU tab there is an option: Hight DPI aware. Enable it

Fade to Black is (AFIK) a DOS game. Its beyond my skillset and methods. Even if it was a windows game, widescreen hacks are not trivial to me

Can´t belive I missed that dpi thing, guess I was looking under graphics only, thanks!

And I understand, thanks for your time.

Reply 699 of 890, by Maxymo_7SIX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tomb raider III dont start with peixoto mode...... installa steam game... texure in documents.../voksi/texture (dump, replacemente folder) .. double clik on shortcut... messagebox "TOMB RAIDE R 3 FAILED TO INITALISE... please run setup"