VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Normally I wouldn't share a story from vice (which has become far too clickbait schlock blog-y for my liking) but a friend sent me this, and when the hell else are you going to see something like it?

1586785425430-AYZIKTY.jpeg
1586786528678-image10.jpeg
1586786564237-image2.jpeg
1586786599843-ysKm9nQ.jpeg

Abandoned computer store story

Wow. Any of you spot any other choice goods in there?

Note: let's try to keep the Computer Reset-style brou-ha and drama out of this thread and just appreciate the pics for what they are.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 9, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice all-in-one system. Zip drive. Norton Utilities!

I am interested that the typical "sound card" shelf from whenever this store was alive was packed with PAS16 and WSS, not creative boxes in sight.

Reply 2 of 9, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ I didn't realize those were WSS cards, I thought they were boxed copies of Windows. Nice catch. Don't think I've ever even seen what the box for one looked like.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 4 of 9, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I looked for a boxed PAS16 for years so if a super generous member here hadn’t gifted me on a while back these photos would have driven me wild 🤪

Ah the memories, thanks for sharing OP

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 6 of 9, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Imagine what is in there that we can't see from those few pictures.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 7 of 9, by radiounix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Pro Audio Spectrum and WSS is more like 93-94. This shop actually closed on 2002 IIRC. Wonder what other deadstock and old pulls they have in the back - maybe an Adlib Gold, Pcmcia joystick cards, Xircom parallel port Ethernet adapters, old laptop credit card RAM and weird PS/2 parts?

Reply 9 of 9, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What's the Omnilabs AudioMaster all about?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium