VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Greetings to all forum users! I am running Real Hardware, True Software youtube channel.
It's great to experience games and all technological evolution and be a part of it. Like most of you, I don't forget good old games and have love and passion to good old software and hardware. Proudly would like you to invite to watching, comment, share or subscribe my youtube channel. I do have experience in tower computers repair as well as various software knowledge. I am new to video editing so beare in mind my very first videos are not professional. I do my best and one by one will be better. Also recording equipment is far from good, but this subject will be changed. All beginnings are difficult you know 😀 English isn't my native language, I apologize for the mistakes that will appear. Any new video I will post in here.
Do not hesitate to insert your opinion, criticism or ideas. Also If you have any specific requirements or idea for next video let me know down below in comments section.

Gigabyte GA 7IXE4 Recapping Project
Shuttle HOT 569, 3Dfx Canopus Pure3D Project retro boring slideshow !
2001 High End Gaming Computer Disassembly
3Dfx Voodoo2 SLI System Review

Godlike

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 1 of 10, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

good job on that recap, you should invest in a handheld solder sucker at least ^^
your camera keeps focus breathing, might want to set it to manual focus when you set up static scenes.

Reply 2 of 10, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
imi wrote on 2020-04-21, 11:51:

good job on that recap, you should invest in a handheld solder sucker at least ^^
your camera keeps focus breathing, might want to set it to manual focus when you set up static scenes.

Thanks for your comment. Camera used from mobile phone unfortunately, this is all I've got at the moment, but I will buy decent one day, also more useful tools as you mentioned.
Regarding focus breathing, I do have Android on it. I record different distances, manual setting will not help at all. Also I've cap on maximum 5min recording in full HD, to avoid this I am using external SD Memory and 3rd party software called: Open Camera.

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 5 of 10, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Godlike wrote on 2020-04-21, 12:15:

Regarding focus breathing, I do have Android on it. I record different distances, manual setting will not help at all.

hence why I said in "static scenes" like benching all the games in the end ^^
even though there is nothing changing in the scene and it should be focused on the PC on the table all the time it is still trying to focus on something intermittently, setting it up once with manual focus should prevent that.

Reply 6 of 10, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Most phones don't even HAVE a manual focus, for god knows why. I think I even heard of people having to flash their phones with a completely different OS image just to beable to fully control certain aspects of the handset, including the camera.

A standalone camera is really the only sane choice if there are no available options for "manual focusing" on the phone.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 8 of 10, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Artex wrote on 2020-04-21, 15:12:

Nice video! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Artex

aaronkatrini wrote on 2020-04-22, 12:45:

Your voice sounds like the Kreosan English voiceover guy... is that you? 😜

Btw, I like your style. Keep it up. Cheers!

I laughed a lot, very similar voice, it was surprising 😀

Guys, mobile phone camera is certainly temporary solution. I do not plan to stick with it forever. Probably any cheap camera as for 100 will do the job, for such tasks like recording decent youtube video it is must have. All I did with equipment I have at the moment to push it to it's limits to give you guys best possible experience, experience how I feel while having fun with old PC gear. One more thing I do record voice externally as the mic built in sounds terrible 😀

5xv2YSm.png

Reply 10 of 10, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HunterZ wrote on 2020-04-26, 18:03:

Nice re-capping video. You are a lot more patient and thorough than me!

Thank you HunterZ. More videos comming 2021, I am moving this weekend once all set up. I will upload video full pc build including this motherboard 😉
It's going to be year 2000 computer build devoted to games from that era

5xv2YSm.png