First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello!

I have stumbled upon this soundcard:

0ZREuYXl.jpg

anyone here ever used one? is it any good?
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 5, by Lennart

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I *think* I have one of these cards somewhere in my storage. Just never had the time to try it out 😅

Here's a thread about the card, as well as some info on how to add the sample ROM: Weames PA-9050-B (AD Echo) ROM (?) sockets

Reply 2 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ah thanks for that
seems it does not worth the effort to "upgrade" this card

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 3 of 5, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AD Echo based cards have low quality MIDI engine. There are plenty of them by different manufacturers. Probably the most well-known among them is Orchid SoundWave 32.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 4 of 5, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote on 2020-04-30, 14:32:

ah thanks for that
seems it does not worth the effort to "upgrade" this card

As the person behind that other thread: if you're in it for the good sound - don't bother.

If you want an 'interesting' MIDI implementation unlike others, then it might be worth a shot, but purely for curiosity.

Reply 5 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dionb wrote on 2020-04-30, 20:13:

As the person behind that other thread: if you're in it for the good sound - don't bother.
If you want an 'interesting' MIDI implementation unlike others, then it might be worth a shot, but purely for curiosity.

my plan is not to even touch it tbh now that I know what it can do... 🤣 🤣 🤣