VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
On my system VPHall CD is not being recognized even after installing the latest patch (2.5.9.2). Using a fixed .exe doesn't help either. I've been able to fix a few games by updating the security protection drivers and others by simply enabling security protections that were disabled by some Windows Updates. For VPHall is there such a method to get it working? I'm on Win7 64 bits.

Reply 2 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-04, 12:42:

Works fine here. Even when I switch the drive letter of the virtual drive I used (seems it checks all CD drives)? Maybe your disc is just bad.

Are you using any compatibility fixes?

Reply 4 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, turned out I accidentally moved a folder inside another one, but now I'm getting a different error. "Unable to load profile.dll" even if it's there already. Tried both the patched and unpatched dll without success.
Edit: Did a fresh reinstall and now the CD Not in drive message is back again. I don't know what to do anymore.

Reply 5 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote on 2020-05-05, 00:41:

Ok, turned out I accidentally moved a folder inside another one, but now I'm getting a different error. "Unable to load profile.dll" even if it's there already. Tried both the patched and unpatched dll without success.
Edit: Did a fresh reinstall and now the CD Not in drive message is back again. I don't know what to do anymore.

Check the disc for errors?

Reply 7 of 8, by psy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i was having the same problems and the game managed to run when i mount a virtual cd iso image , i can pm you my exe to try it if you want. (xmm for some reason i can'r send pm's , because i don't have many posts i think 😒 )

Reply 8 of 8, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
psy_ wrote on 2020-09-09, 15:58:

Hello, i was having the same problems and the game managed to run when i mount a virtual cd iso image , i can pm you my exe to try it if you want. (xmm for some reason i can'r send pm's , because i don't have many posts i think 😒 )

Hello, I haven't updated this thread in a long while but this is exactly how I managed to run it before, thanks. For some reason the nocd doesn't work on Win7 and above and in WinXP only for some days.