VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Motti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using DosBox on a 64-bit, Windows-10 system to run an old 16-bit, Dos application that I wrote many decades ago. Its output is displayed text. I would like to copy that screen text into Windows Notepad, but that requires Quick-Edit mode to be enabled on the DosBox window. It is not enabled by default and the usual method of enabling it on a Command-Prompt window does not work for the DosBox window. Is there a way to enable it?

Reply 5 of 5, by Motti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since posting the question in my original post, I have discovered that there is a fork of DosBox created by Wengier Wu, which supports copy-and-paste to and and from the DosBox window. Selection is by mouse RIGHT-click and selection alone suffices to copy the selection to the Windows clipboard; it is not necessary to press Enter after selecting the desired text. Wengier's version was developed primarily to add Long-File-Name support to DosBox, but it adds other things too, like this feature. It is described in this article and the download link for it is: https://bitly.com/12jANWF