VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Motti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a command-line parameter or config option (or any other way) that will start Wengier's DosBox without opening the DosBox Status Window or that will at least open it minimised?

I do realise that, if started from a shortcut, then, in the shortcut's properties, you can change the value of Run from "Normal window" to "Minimized", but that is not an ideal solution. Firstly, there is no guarantee that it will always be opened from a shortcut. Secondly when the window in which the DOS executable is running is minimised, then, hovering the cursor over the minimised icon in Windows' TaskBar shows a preview of both windows. That could be confusing to an inexperienced user. Ideally, I would like to suppress the Status Window completely.

Last edited by Motti on 2020-05-18, 02:37. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That is a non-official build of DOSBox with features not needed by games. Note that these forums are for official DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 4, by Motti

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, jmarsh, I didn't know about that command-line option. It worked exactly as I hoped it would; it suppresses the DosBox Status window entirely.
I'm sure there's a reason for its existence, but for my purposes it is entirely redundant and I would prefer it didn't open at all.