VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brazzjazz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I've recently been testing streaming on twitch with OBS, and two wonderful games, Clive Barker's Undying and No One Lives Forever. Both have exhibited similar problems, namely

· Black screen (no detection of source despite using both "Fullscreen" source as well as "window of a certain exe" option)
· Still frame: only the first frame seems to be captured, after that it's just a still frame, while the sound continues normally.

Is this due to the games being older and running on Direct3D 7? I'm also using a dgVoodoo 2 wrapper (D3D7 > 11) on both games for ReShade.

I've been using OBS both as normal user as well as admin, without any real difference.

I'm not quite sure where to look for the problem. I'll be doing some more testing also with newer games to ascertain what comes from what leading to what, which is good to know in life in general.

SpexX: Windows 10 1909 x64, GTX 970, latest driver, OBS 25.0.8 (current version)

BOW to the GTX 970 Master Race! 4 (read: 3.5) gigs of precious GDDR5 random-access memory will kick your sorry ass.
Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1454/3893 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600, Win10 x64 20H2

Reply 1 of 3, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does it still not capture if you don't run ReShade ontop of the dgvoodoo2 wrapping process? Can you atleast capture the game via nGlide? (using the GlideDrv renderer)

If I remember right, "Game Capture" relies on process injection and if that fails for any reason it'll be unable to safely capture anything.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 3 of 3, by brazzjazz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I will do further tests - the thing is though, it has worked a couple of times, so that shows me it is not impossible per-se, I wonder why OBS sometimes succeeds in capturing the source, and sometimes fails. I have also tried opening OBS first or opening the game first, without any discernable difference.

BOW to the GTX 970 Master Race! 4 (read: 3.5) gigs of precious GDDR5 random-access memory will kick your sorry ass.
Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, MSI GTX 970 @1454/3893 MHz, 16 GB DDR3-1600, Win10 x64 20H2