VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://steamcommunity.com/app/412020/discuss … 53283814814167/

We are pleased to let you know that the latest hotfix for Metro Exodus has now been deployed. This includes Denuvo removal, filt […]
Show full quote

We are pleased to let you know that the latest hotfix for Metro Exodus has now been deployed. This includes Denuvo removal, filter fix for Sam's Story and Epic save backups. We thank you for your patience during the wait for this update. The hotfix for Stadia users will follow, stay tuned for updates.

Hotfix notes are as follows:

Removed Denuvo from Steam, Epic, Xbox PC Gamepass versions
Fixed the rapidly discharging filter issue in Sam’s Story on all platforms (extreme timer depletion in fog).
This fixes the filter issue just after getting the boat from the humanimal hunter lair and proceeding into the fog beyond. Filters depleting quickly in the high rad zone near the sub base without the proper hazmat suit from the fire depot, is by design.
Added save backup functionality for Epic version in case of cloud save malfunction.
Browse to the default save folder to find a “.backup” folder.
Fixed camera rotation issue with latest Nvidia Ansel update.
Fixed various crashes.

If you have any further technical issues, please visit https://techsupport.metrothegame.com so we can assist.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2020-05-28, 15:46. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Currently $30 on Epic. I always said due to what they did when they released the game and adding Denuvo that I wouldn't buy it until Denuvo is removed and the game is at least 50% off so guess I'm going with the Epic ver.
It's also on GOG for $29.24

/EDIT Hmm I have a $10 off coupon on Epic as well. The less money those idiots get the better.

The Epic ver doesn't use the Epic launcher either.

Prey on Steam still includes denuvo so guess I'll have to use my old version where I've patched it out. Hopefully someone does a comparison between the GOG and Steam versions.

Reply 2 of 5, by infiniteclouds

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Like ALL of the Dishonored games -- which I already owned on Steam - I rebought Prey on GOG instantly.

1) Because I love Arkhane Studios and their games
2) I want to show them that DRM free = My $$.

I don't simply won't buy a PC game on Steam anymore after the hassle they put us through to play our library of XP Games on an XP machine. If a storefront doesn't give me a copy I can play offline I won't buy the game. I've been moving more towards consoles for this reason and dealing with the crappier performance. The only thing I can't hack is 1st Person without a mouse and keyboard. I can't believe Obsidian of all people didn't release Outer Worlds on GOG. When they do I'll buy it but not before.

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Tested this yesterday. Steam version of Prey works by using the files from the GOG binary folder and MoonCrash works by using the steam_api from Goldberg for anyone that wants to use the Steam version.

Reply 5 of 5, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2020-05-29, 20:14:

Prey Interface Customizer doesn't work. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time though.

And there's already a preview release.

Finally a DRM free, up to date version of Prey with support for skipping that dumb second loading screen (Prey Interface Customizer has a lot of other great stuff too of course).

Though I've already replayed Prey too many games recently, so I'll wait until I get a new GPU before doing that again. My current GPU is barely managing 4K and this game has terrible aliasing issues 🙁.