VOGONS

Common searches

Has USA ever looked worse internationally ?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

First you got Trump who is controversial to say the least. Then USA regularly abandons many international treaties and organizations like UNESCO and now WHO, then various missile and nuclear arms treaties from Cold War era. Then the ongoing trade war with China that doesn't help anyone. Then you have the terrible and delayed response to coronavirus that led to 40 million people unemployed. And now you have these protests, people burning down stores and looting , 8 people already died in all the mess and they are sending in the national guard. It doesn't look good.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 1 of 10, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll take all the first several complaints of yours - good, I'm glad we got out of that crap.

Trade war? Good, it's about time.

Coronavirus shutdown/unemployment? Never should have shutdown anything in the first place.

Protestors and riots? Race baiters that appear every 4 years to create divide and conquer before an election to try to blame 'the right'. But yea, supposedly burning down cities because a few cops are idiots really ends racism.. rofl.

Also, I really don't care about international image. It doesn't matter what an outsider has an opinion on.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 2 of 10, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
antrad wrote on 2020-06-01, 02:01:

First you got Trump who is controversial to say the least. Then USA regularly abandons many international treaties and organizations like UNESCO and now WHO, then various missile and nuclear arms treaties from Cold War era. Then the ongoing trade war with China that doesn't help anyone.

what is wrong with that? Most if not all the international treaties and organizations were ether not being honored by other nations or were a money pit, the WHO was just a waist of time and lied to use about covid saying it was not going to be a problem. China has been a plague on our economy that anyone alive before the bush era should know all to well. Before china started to steal jobs things were a heck of alot better then today. No china is stealing more then just jobs.

Then you have the terrible and delayed response to coronavirus that led to 40 million people unemployed.

Why do people believe this? We were doing stuff long before the WHO was saying covid was a problem. flights out of china were blocked when? in late January early feb?

And now you have these protests, people burning down stores and looting , 8 people already died in all the mess and they are sending in the national guard. It doesn't look good.

That is a simple fix. Tell the police to do their job and not just set there, get a fire canon and hose the looters down. Or maybe one of these new fangle sound cannon things?

wiretap wrote on 2020-06-01, 02:10:

Protestors and riots? Race baiters that appear every 4 years to create divide and conquer before an election to try to blame 'the right'. But yea, supposedly burning down cities because a few cops are idiots really ends racism.. rofl.

Yet most of the looters and folks burning stuff down are white. That makes the idea of the left paying people to protest sound more believable.

EDIT:
By the way I'm not right wing, so don't go saying I'm some right wing nut.

Reply 3 of 10, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
austinham wrote on 2020-06-01, 02:16:

China has been a plague on our economy that anyone alive before the bush era should know all to well. Before china started to steal jobs things were a heck of alot better then today. No china is stealing more then just jobs.

Companies alone went to do business in China, nobody forced them to go there, they were not led by Chinese businessmen, so saying China stole the jobs is just silly. Also what about Apple, McDonalds, Starbucks, Microsoft and other companies what make billions there ? Why is Tesla building a factory there, did China kidnap Elon Musk ?

Why do people believe this? We were doing stuff long before the WHO was saying covid was a problem. flights out of china were blocked when? in late January early feb?

Yes, flights were banned very early, but mass testing started when things were already out of control. We all saw governors and hospitals complaining USA doesn't have enough tests, not enough medical equipment, etc.. My mother couldn't believe how such a rich country could be so unprepared, it is not the almighty America that media usually show here.

Yet most of the looters and folks burning stuff down are white. That makes the idea of the left paying people to protest sound more believable.

I would like to see those sources you have been watching, since that is not what I have been seeing.

Reply 4 of 10, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
antrad wrote on 2020-06-01, 02:39:

Yes, flights were banned very early, but mass testing started when things were already out of control. We all saw governors and hospitals complaining USA doesn't have enough tests, not enough medical equipment, etc.. My mother couldn't believe how such a rich country could be so unprepared, it is not the almighty America that media usually show here.

Initial tests that were received were garbage and didn't work, most of them from China. However, once that was sorted out, testing rapidly accelerated to the point of having performed the most tests in the world out of any country, and being #1 or #2 for daily tests per 1000. Personally, I've already been tested 3 times + an initial antibody test. As far as medical equipment, we had enough ventilators, beds, and other support equipment.. the only thing falling short in several cities was N95/N99 masks and scrubs. Actually, many hospitals are empty and facing layoffs/bankruptcy. As far as the media is concerned, they all blow things out of proportion, lie, and distort. I have no idea why you would put so much faith in them. Even on good days when the Dow was at 30k, the sky was falling in the 24hr news cycle.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 5 of 10, by austinham

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Companies alone went to do business in China, nobody forced them to go there, they were not led by Chinese businessmen, so saying China stole the jobs is just silly. Also what about Apple, McDonalds, Starbucks, Microsoft and other companies what make billions there ? Why is Tesla building a factory there, did China kidnap Elon Musk ?

After bush ok'ed it, before hand there was a lot of low leave factory jobs were in the US. Bush OK them going over seas and we lost alot of jobs and went into a recession. Id take it you are on the younger side and did not live through that?
Said thing is those Chinese workers are paid nothing and worked to death with no worker safety laws and pollution being sky high in some places.

The US is trillions of dollars in debt, the US is not rich. The US medical filed is for profit, they don't make money saving lives. They make money milking insurance, pooping pills and useless followups. But we did have enough ventilators, tests, beds, and other stuff, it was PPEs we were low on. The real problem was how hospitals. handled covid cases like sending them to retirements homes were it would spread like wild fire. Keeping them on ventilators way to long and so on.

I would like to see those sources you have been watching, since that is not what I have been seeing.

I been watching live streams of the looting and was in a bigger city last yesterday and saw it first hand. The media here in the US will only show those of color to push a old ass stereotype.

Reply 6 of 10, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
austinham wrote on 2020-06-01, 03:22:

After bush ok'ed it, before hand there was a lot of low leave factory jobs were in the US. Bush OK them going over seas and we lost alot of jobs and went into a recession. Id take it you are on the younger side and did not live through that?
Said thing is those Chinese workers are paid nothing and worked to death with no worker safety laws and pollution being sky high in some places.

Again you mention Bush who said OK. No matter how you look at it, there is no one to blame but American companies and politicians who allowed it. China did not steal American jobs, America send those jobs to China in free will.

BTW, those jobs are now leaving China, because workers there are not cheap anymore like they used to be. GDP per capita increased like 50 times since the 1990s. Even Chinese owned companies are moving out.

Reply 8 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Folks,

This thread is turning into version 2 of the Coronavirus thread. Do not post unfounded conspiracy theories as to the origin of the riots. This is against the board rules. If this continues, this thread will also be locked or removed.

Thank you.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 9 of 10, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Then you have the terrible and delayed response to coronavirus that led to 40 million people unemployed.

And what happens after that? Month of saying it's no problem, it's just 15 people and soon it'll be down to close to 0, and it's hoax from biased media... Well, this hoax have quite high mortality rate then...

Just FYI, I live in Czech republic (or Czechia, how it is called nowadays). Here are some stats per million people.
Nr. of confirmed cases: Czechia - 863 , USA 5513
Nr. of deceased: Czechia - 30, USA 320

Again, these are numbers per one million, to be comparable... So yeah, to me it seems, that people are believing this, because statistics are backing up those claims...

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 10 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This topic is now closed. I apologise to all of you who were trying to have a meaningful conversation on an incredibly important topic, but there have been several people—who are otherwise helpful and constructive members of the community, and are deeply appreciated for their positive contributions—unable to avoid constructing or repeating conspiratorial falsehoods on highly politicised topics such as this, even after my previous warning.

Yes, it’s my fault.