VOGONS

First post, by RetroLizard

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lately, I have been on a bit of a retro game binge, and am interested in starting a cooperative game server for Heretic 2. However, there's just one problem - the first map, 'ssdocks', doesn't load.

I'm running Enhancement Pack 1.07 from the PCGamingWiki page for the game, on a Windows 98SE machine. "set cd_nocd 1" is enabled, but I don't think that makes a difference?

Just to clarify: ssdocks loads just fine in singleplayer, and deathmatch maps seem to load fine as well (though I haven't tried all of them yet).

(Also, why won't the 3dfx video mode work? The machine I use has a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 installed, so what gives?)

Reply 1 of 2, by auron

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

unofficial patches, source ports etc. are pretty much always built with newer systems in mind and regressions of some original features aren't surprising. not something that PCGW concerns itself with, though.

Reply 2 of 2, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RetroLizard wrote on 2020-06-05, 15:29:

(Also, why won't the 3dfx video mode work? The machine I use has a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 installed, so what gives?)

The "3dfx MiniGL" drivers are intended for secondary V1/V2 cards! V3 works best with default OpenGL32 as that's a proper video card with a proper ICD.

apsosig.png
long live PCem