Rank Member
Rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8S59Tu08Xw

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks nice, but it looks like, rather than something which you can use with any arbitrary ROM, it involves an awful lot of manual, laborious re-drawing each individual graphic.

Not sure how they expect to release this on Steam – but then again, Steam isn't exactly known for its rigorous standards these days.

Reply 2 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's been emulators on Steam before (RetroArch is even heading there). Avoiding references to trademarks (like, every console name ever) would help. It's something some virtual frontends already had to do (like Anarchy Arcade), offloading all responsibility of trademark use to the workshop community instead.

Heck this has already been a thing as early as GameTap's client days. Some of the NES rereleases there (which were already-finished windows ports) referred to the system as simply "8-bit"

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 3, by Terracresta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I actually tried it and while you can use any rom, only the ones actually supported by the creator of this program use the 3D properly. You have a 2D mode, where you still can zoom and pan the playarea but they actual game is not in 3D and you can mess around by loading the wrong game with different presets that are meant a certain game. There seems quite a bit of input lag or at least button presses sometimes not being registered and I think I prefer playing the games on a proper CRT. Might be more interesting with 3D glasses as I like some 2D 3DS games using the 3D functionality (e.g. 3D Space Harrier or Shantae games).