VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 120 of 146, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tsyu wrote on 2009-05-10, 02:51:

If anyone is having a problem with certain PPL percussion instruments looping improperly, I suggest using these replacement patches. They're the same as the original PPL 1.61 patches, but with the looping disabled.

hi does somebody know from where Tsyu got the fixed patches ?
Tsyu was not online since 2009.

i found another instrument with the looping bug in ppl 1.61

you can hear this after 55 sec in the drum channel when the verse begins.
with standard patch it plays ok, with 1.61 there is a looping error with 1 instrument of the drum channel.

edit: hmm when i play the song without channel 10 its ok (the looping instrument is missing then ofc)
playmidi.exe -c10

but when i play only drum channel alone the lopping is gone as well.
playmidi .exe -c1 -c2 -c3 -c4 -c5 -c6 -c7 -c8 -c9 -c11 -c12 -c13 -c14 -c15 -c16

Attachments

Reply 121 of 146, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

edit:

its a bug with gus playmidi midi player and not with the ppl patches.
with dosmid midi player and gus it plays perfect 😀

too bad there is no way to contact old gravis devs to make some small changes to the old playmidi player or get source code of it

Reply 122 of 146, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Star Control 2 is one of the games having excellent music and GUS support. I had no correct work of GUS emulation there with 0.74, at least. I hope there will be guide to fix that sometimes. There were only about ~300 games with GUS support.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 124 of 146, by MADJACK2171

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
I'm having trouble with the pre-installed files for ultrasnd. I keep getting an image stating, "cannot locate ultrasound card" and "searching for possible conflicts" with a listy of I/O adresses (seen in the .jpg).
file.php?mode=view&id=85180
Does anyone have a solution cause the same issue happened when I tried to install the original GUS 410 file.

Attachments

• Ultra.jpg
    Filename
    Ultra.jpg
    File size
    43.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 125 of 146, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I imagine you have already set up sbtype=none and gus=true in your DOSBOX.CONF file. Gravis UltraSound emilation is disabled by default, I imagine in order not to cause conflicts with the SB emulation.

Reply 127 of 146, by MADJACK2171

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes , that helped, thankyou . However now I have run into a new problem. When I try to set up the irq I am greeted with this message.
file.php?mode=view&id=85249
On dos config the gus emulation irq is set to 5. By default the set up screen goes to this.
file.php?mode=view&id=85250
I don't exactly know how to fix this issue or what to do.

Attachments

• def.png
    Filename
    def.png
    File size
    9.17 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • irqproblem.jpg
    Filename
    irqproblem.jpg
    File size
    53.05 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 129 of 146, by MADJACK2171

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I connect it to the programs? I have set up doom to run gravis ultrasound but there isn't any music coming from it.
Also, how can I find out if it is working or not? I have it downloaded from the preinstalled folder, so I don't know if there are any extra steps I have to take. I have seen some tutotial videos but they all seem to run it in different ways.

Reply 131 of 146, by lukasz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.
I'm trying to run Doom with GUS, but the sound is very strange and not GUS like, from what I've heard on youtube. Can someone see what is wrong with the seetings I'm using? I've disabled SB in Dosbox and there are some funky sounds and the percusion is somewhat strange. I've used the so called patched drivers. The version of Doom I'm using is form the steam, but that shouldn't be any different than any other distributions right?

Attachments

• Filename
    Doom.zip
    File size
    1.8 MiB
    Downloads
    89 downloads
    File comment
    e1m1.mp3, dosbox config, doom.config
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 133 of 146, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

YOU CAN SKIP THE INSTALL IF YOU WANT TO

Sure i wanna skip and just have GUS sound in my old games, so i go for this link, but...

This file has been taken down on 2015-03-20 by: File Name: Gravis ULTRASND Files.rar (9.65 MB) Company: Entertainment Software A […]
Show full quote

This file has been taken down on 2015-03-20 by:
File Name: Gravis ULTRASND Files.rar (9.65 MB)
Company: Entertainment Software Association
Email: *********@theesa.com
Address: 575 7th Street, NW, Suite 300 Washington, DC 20004 USA

Seriously i would never understand this. Company is dead long ago, who could bother on right preservation here?

Reply 135 of 146, by 7F20

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vorob wrote on 2020-09-26, 19:20:

Seriously i would never understand this. Company is dead long ago, who could bother on right preservation here?

Also, you can always use the wayback machine and grab the link there.

Reply 136 of 146, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vorob wrote on 2020-09-26, 19:20:

Sure i wanna skip and just have GUS sound in my old games, so i go for this link, but...

This file has been taken down on 2015-03-20 by: File Name: Gravis ULTRASND Files.rar (9.65 MB) Company: Entertainment Software A […]
Show full quote

This file has been taken down on 2015-03-20 by:
File Name: Gravis ULTRASND Files.rar (9.65 MB)
Company: Entertainment Software Association
Email: *********@theesa.com
Address: 575 7th Street, NW, Suite 300 Washington, DC 20004 USA

Wow! A DMCA takedown request... for Gravis drivers? That's a new one on me! I wonder what specifically it was about that bundle that triggered them.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 137 of 146, by 7F20

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2020-10-01, 06:58:

Wow! A DMCA takedown request... for Gravis drivers? That's a new one on me! I wonder what specifically it was about that bundle that triggered them.

I would assume that the IP is owned by a patent-troll company. They make money off of trolling things out of ubiquity. It's a disease in this country.

Reply 138 of 146, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
7F20 wrote on 2020-10-02, 22:09:

I would assume that the IP is owned by a patent-troll company. They make money off of trolling things out of ubiquity. It's a disease in this country.

It might have something to do with patchset being licensed from Eye & I and not exclusively owned by whoever has the Gravis IP .

Reply 139 of 146, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
darry wrote on 2020-10-02, 22:28:
7F20 wrote on 2020-10-02, 22:09:

It might have something to do with patchset being licensed from Eye & I and not exclusively owned by whoever has the Gravis IP .

That's gotta be it, good call.

Someone goes into the matter here, so that's not baseless: https://toogam.com/software/archive/drivers/s … nd/gussound.htm

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto