l33t++
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-05-25, 04:41:
I had worse. […]
Show full quote
brostenen wrote on 2020-05-24, 20:15:
I have a question for Vogons.... […]
Show full quote

I have a question for Vogons....

A Danish michelin restaurant have temporarely opened up again, as a take-away burger joint. That is so they can restructure for the time when everything is opening up again. So, they server these burgers in this article (linked below my post)....

My question to Vogons is. Would someone eat a burger that looks like that? Personally NO FREAKING WAY. Looks like... Disgusting.

NOMA - Burger

I had worse.

6879BA92-7B32-4A14-8FCA-9079C039796F.jpeg

At least that NOMA burger was made from a Michelin 2 star restaurant overseen by one of the best chefs in the world. That freaking burger I had was 22 USD worth of blandness and was based on a stupid meme.

That is a disgusting looking burger.... Looks like something died. Hehe.
Yeah.... I know that this burger from Noma are made by chef's. However after working at a restaurant, that for years turned down any michelin star, I can only say that gourmet food is not always the best in the world. Sometimes standard cooked and solid food, taste better than what any gourmet restaurant can produce. The reason they turned it down and said no to a star, was that the chef, did not feel that he was trained enough, in order to keep holding on to a star. They wanted to give him the star for a couple of years prior to me starting at that place, yet he would not be restricted to not being able to make errors. Like, those that give stars, could potentially turn up as customers at any point. However, the food was great most of the times. It was only when he cooked something up like that gourmet version of sweetbread (Brissel in other parts of the world) that I was like "what the heck dude". He cooked them and glaced them in Demi glace. And everytime a customer for some reason cancelled in the last moment, I was offered that meal for free. Even though I was only doing dishwashing at one place, and setting table for parties at their other place. Anyway... Sometimes gourmet is inferiour to things like slowcooked meat. You know, when you have dug a pit in the ground, covered it with stones, and heated up with a fire for then removing the fire, covering the meat with more stones that have been heated in the fire. Then sealing it with a plate, and wet sand around the edges, so air can not get in. That way, you get the most delicious meat after some 6 to 8 hours.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 382 of 739, by ragefury32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2020-05-25, 08:52:
ragefury32 wrote on 2020-05-25, 04:41:
I had worse. […]
Show full quote
I have a question for Vogons.... […]
Show full quote

I have a question for Vogons....

A Danish michelin restaurant have temporarely opened up again, as a take-away burger joint. That is so they can restructure for the time when everything is opening up again. So, they server these burgers in this article (linked below my post)....

My question to Vogons is. Would someone eat a burger that looks like that? Personally NO FREAKING WAY. Looks like... Disgusting.

NOMA - Burger

I had worse.

6879BA92-7B32-4A14-8FCA-9079C039796F.jpeg

At least that NOMA burger was made from a Michelin 2 star restaurant overseen by one of the best chefs in the world. That freaking burger I had was 22 USD worth of blandness and was based on a stupid meme.

That is a disgusting looking burger.... Looks like something died. Hehe.
Yeah.... I know that this burger from Noma are made by chef's. However after working at a restaurant, that for years turned down any michelin star, I can only say that gourmet food is not always the best in the world. Sometimes standard cooked and solid food, taste better than what any gourmet restaurant can produce. The reason they turned it down and said no to a star, was that the chef, did not feel that he was trained enough, in order to keep holding on to a star. They wanted to give him the star for a couple of years prior to me starting at that place, yet he would not be restricted to not being able to make errors. Like, those that give stars, could potentially turn up as customers at any point. However, the food was great most of the times. It was only when he cooked something up like that gourmet version of sweetbread (Brissel in other parts of the world) that I was like "what the heck dude". He cooked them and glaced them in Demi glace. And everytime a customer for some reason cancelled in the last moment, I was offered that meal for free. Even though I was only doing dishwashing at one place, and setting table for parties at their other place. Anyway... Sometimes gourmet is inferiour to things like slowcooked meat. You know, when you have dug a pit in the ground, covered it with stones, and heated up with a fire for then removing the fire, covering the meat with more stones that have been heated in the fire. Then sealing it with a plate, and wet sand around the edges, so air can not get in. That way, you get the most delicious meat after some 6 to 8 hours.

Oh , that burger is for show only...the entire premise of Nusr-Et (the steak restaurant chain owned by Nusret Gokce, aka Salt-bae) was to sucker Instagram/Twitter whores with bourgeois tastes into paying for overpriced social media friendly items that has nothing underneath. That 22 dollar burger was supposed to be wagyu+aged cheddar+squid ink bun....but tasted like...nothing. The burger patty itself had no flavor (it’s like they injected way too much brine in there, and tasted nothing like any wagyu I ever had), the cheese tasted like nothing, and the burger bun was just dry. The funny thing is that on the same menu there was a 100 USD gold leaf burger that we just the same burger but with a different bun and supposedly gold leaf wrappings. The place was announced in Feb 2019, took almost a year to open up, and it did 3 weeks before the big NYC COVID shutdown. To be honest, it’s already losing the crowd right before then. Not that many people are willing to drop stupid money to “floss” like that, and the reviews from the local press has been...merciless.

Yeah, I hear ya - one of my chef friends compared earning a Michelin star to be like a moon-shot, and losing that star to be like falling out of orbit and burning up during the fall. Chefs would literally kill themselves trying to earn that star again. In my experience that stupid star isn’t really worth much, plus Michelin tends to favor French establishments over others anyways.

Reply 383 of 739, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

huh?
what's wrong with that burger? it looks delicious.

this was my last restaurant meal before corona hit hard... steak in iceland :3c

IMG_20200311.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200311.jpg
File size
259.52 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
Last edited by imi on 2020-05-25, 17:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 384 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
imi wrote on 2020-05-25, 17:04:

huh?
what's wrong with that burger? it looks delicious.

I don't like the looks of it.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 385 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can’t remember what I ate before the Covid19...

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 388 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cowboy coffee and doughnuts.

Attachments

Reply 389 of 739, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Last night I grilled a package of Mexican marinated skirt steak we got from Costco. It was actually really good, thought not super Mexican-tasting. Very tender with almost no gristle. This morning, I made a breakfast sandwich with one fried egg, melted Gouda cheese and a slice of leftover skirt steak on thick-sliced, toasted/buttered white bread with mayo and ketchup.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 390 of 739, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't usually take pictures of my food, but I did for this one. My Father's Day dinner last weekend. I grilled this porterhouse steak and my wife made a refreshing summer salad with cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fresh dill, mayonnaise, and crumpled feta cheese. I'm a fan of cracked pepper if you can't tell.

Attachments

• fathersday.jpg
    Filename
    fathersday.jpg
    File size
    1.2 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 391 of 739, by ShovelKnight

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today's lunch: hotdogs with apple and mustard sausages, homemade sourdough sub rolls, homemade plum and tomato relish and homemade sauerkraut.

Today's dinner: lamb leg steaks with bistro potatoes and summer salad.

Reply 392 of 739, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you grow the lamb yourself too ?

i eat selfmade salami sandwitch

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 395 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Standard Def Steve wrote on 2020-07-01, 16:18:

Invited the family over to my place for a Canada day pancake brekky! w00t w00t!

I love pancakes. I can enjoy it with anything over it, from a simple butter, to jam and why not peanut butter... yummy.

I ate these things (the toppings, not the pancakes) with waffles some weeks ago.

JOBS, Steve.

Reply 397 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Carbonated water. ( Lime flavor ).

Attachments

Reply 398 of 739, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Bruninho wrote on 2020-07-01, 16:30:

I love pancakes. I can enjoy it with anything over it, from a simple butter, to jam and why not peanut butter... yummy.

I ate these things (the toppings, not the pancakes) with waffles some weeks ago.

Do you like bacon or sausage on your pancakes? I think the syrup/pancake/meat combo is a good combination.

Reply 399 of 739, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote on 2020-07-01, 22:31:
Bruninho wrote on 2020-07-01, 16:30:

Do you like bacon or sausage on your pancakes? I think the syrup/pancake/meat combo is a good combination.

Bacon or sausages, no. But oh, syrup! I need to buy more.

JOBS, Steve.