User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mentalbass wrote on 2020-07-01, 06:02:
[...] […]
Show full quote

[...]

Yes I see a big HP logo during startup. I cant tell if someone mangled with it because i bought it secondhand for a very cheap price (20 eu). And for that money it's still a great system 😀.
Or the've tried to flash a newer version and it failed or might be a cap or some faulty hardware.
I see something of an ISA bridge and PCI bridge in windows device mangager so my simple guess would be that it recognizes PCI cards it also will with the ISA slot?

Yes, no problem there. It's only onboard devices that tend to fail with incorrect BIOS.

But again: Windows can only automatically recognize PnP cards, you have to tell it manually you added a non-PnP card.

Reply 21 of 25, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dionb wrote on 2020-07-01, 08:10:
Mentalbass wrote on 2020-07-01, 06:02:
[...] […]
Show full quote

[...]

Yes I see a big HP logo during startup. I cant tell if someone mangled with it because i bought it secondhand for a very cheap price (20 eu). And for that money it's still a great system 😀.
Or the've tried to flash a newer version and it failed or might be a cap or some faulty hardware.
I see something of an ISA bridge and PCI bridge in windows device mangager so my simple guess would be that it recognizes PCI cards it also will with the ISA slot?

Yes, no problem there. It's only onboard devices that tend to fail with incorrect BIOS.

But again: Windows can only automatically recognize PnP cards, you have to tell it manually you added a non-PnP card.

by searching for new hardware option in windows configmenu?
Thanks!

Rise of the Triad

Reply 24 of 25, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jaZz_KCS wrote on 2020-07-01, 11:51:

If you want to I can prepare a bootdisk image with short manual and batchfile for the BIOS flash for you. It might be worth a shot to see whether onboard audio returns.

That's very kind ! 😀
Were can I look, see a number to be certain I have the right motherboard. I mean all things point towards Vectra VEI 8 but.
Is there any chance I would Brick the pc? And if this (probably will) works, does win98 have any problems with the renewed bios?
thanks!

Rise of the Triad

Reply 25 of 25, by Mentalbass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dionb wrote on 2020-07-01, 08:24:
Mentalbass wrote on 2020-07-01, 08:20:

[...]

by searching for new hardware option in windows configmenu?
Thanks!

Yes.

Aztech in pc..
Startup...
Win98 search hardware....
Found it...installed it from win98 disk...
Aztech Washington
Perfect!

Rise of the Triad