VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by reble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made the following bat bellow to run SC2KCHT2.EXE via DosBox. The program is a hex editor for SimCity 2k dos version. The bat file works fine except for the last cmd. Right now I have to enter the last cmd manually .

c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles auto" -c "mount c c:\games" -c "c:" -c "cd maxis" -c "cd sc2k-dos" -c "cd save-cit" -c "sc2kcht2.exe"

The bat opens the following DosBox window that is in the screen capture bellow

The last cmd that has to be entered Manually . Is the "sc2kcht2 _______.sc2. The saved city file name goes in the blank spot.
My question is. Is there a cmd that I can add to the bat file that would do something like "sc2kcht2 then ask for the city file name to be entered" so that I don't have to enter the whole last cmd manually?

Attachments

• sc 2k editor.jpg
    Filename
    sc 2k editor.jpg
    File size
    66.98 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Steve
From the desk of the Amateur Radio Station of KC7BYP.

Reply 1 of 6, by reble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know the answer? I Believe it is a simple bat cmd but I lost the file with all of the bat cmd's in it the last time the D: HD crashed.

Steve

Reply 2 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Instead of "sc2kcht2.exe" use "sc2kcht2.exe _____.sc2"

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

set /P file=Enter city filename:
c:\dosbox\dosbox.exe -c "cycles auto" -c "mount c c:\games" -c "c:" -c "cd maxis" -c "cd sc2k-dos" -c "cd save-cit" -c "sc2kcht2.exe %file%"

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 6 of 6, by reble

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 1st try, the string (-c "sc2kcht2.exe%file%" ) didn't work. I got an error message. I changed the string to (-c "sc2kcht2.exe %file%" ). 1. a space between the exe and the %. 2. I left out the .sc2 when I typed in the file name. The 2nd try, it worked. 😀 Again many thanks

Steve