VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a rant.....

Tuesday this week, I were on my way to buy food items. And as I walked down the bicycle and foot path, some idiot came driving on his moped. I quickly managed to get through these stop-things and with only centimeters to spare, he drove the darn thing from hell, quickly by me. I was close to getting a panic-angst attack, as the engine on that thing from hell, sounded more like a 4-stroke motorcycle engine, than a moped. This deep engine sound, that you know there are some horse powers behind. Like it sounded exactly like an 80 cubic 8 to 12 horsepower engine.

To clear up. Here in Denmark we have these three standards for motorised bikes. First is moped/moped-30, wich is no more than 50 cubic, no more than 1.2 horses and it is required by law to not be able to drive faster than 30 kilometers pr. hour. Then there are EU-Scooter/Moped-45, that is essentially just above previous mentioned spec's yet it is only alowed to be able to drive faster than 45 kilometers an hour. And then there are real motorbikes/real scooters. For the Moped-45 you need a regulair drivers license and for the real bike and real scooter, you need a bike drivers license. And then there are this rule, that if you'r 18'th burthday was after the 19 jan. 2013, then you need a moped drivers license if you are older than 18. Every type of these HAVE to have a number plate, and only the slow moped-30 are alowed to drive on none road's. That is foot path's and so on. Well...

This dude. Was clearly between late teens (18/19) and mid-20's (23'ish), he had no helmet and when he reved up, I got close to panic angst. So I naturally looked over my shoulder at the thing he was driving on. And then he quickly stopped the darn thing. A shouted if I had a problem with him. And I was like and said to him... "Well that machine is not legal to drive on these foot path's." Then he replied to me, asking if I was stupid, that it was a moped-30 that he was driving. And I replied with "Not with that engine it ain't". Then I asked him: "And by the way, were are your helmet and were are the number plate?" Yes. A lot of youngsters, down to 12 years of age, drives up to 60/70 kilometers an hour, on non-legal tuned moped's, on the foot path's and without helmet. And even up to three persons on one moped. Only motorcycles and real scooters are alowed to have pasenger on.

Then the fucker started to call me a bum'... WTF!! What the freaking f*ck???!!! Here a bum is a homeless alcoholic. I asked him "Excuse me. Did you just call me a bum?" and took one step towards him. I guess he must have panicked, because he quickly started the machine and drive away with the acceleration of a motor bike.

WHY IS THERE SO FREAKING STUPID PEOPLE OUT THERE.....

/Rant over.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 1 of 10, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brostenen wrote on 2020-06-12, 10:40:
I have a rant..... […]
Show full quote

I have a rant.....

Tuesday this week, I were on my way to buy food items. And as I walked down the bicycle and foot path, some idiot came driving on his moped. I quickly managed to get through these stop-things and with only centimeters to spare, he drove the darn thing from hell, quickly by me. I was close to getting a panic-angst attack, as the engine on that thing from hell, sounded more like a 4-stroke motorcycle engine, than a moped. This deep engine sound, that you know there are some horse powers behind. Like it sounded exactly like an 80 cubic 8 to 12 horsepower engine.

To clear up. Here in Denmark we have these three standards for motorised bikes. First is moped/moped-30, wich is no more than 50 cubic, no more than 1.2 horses and it is required by law to not be able to drive faster than 30 kilometers pr. hour. Then there are EU-Scooter/Moped-45, that is essentially just above previous mentioned spec's yet it is only alowed to be able to drive faster than 45 kilometers an hour. And then there are real motorbikes/real scooters. For the Moped-45 you need a regulair drivers license and for the real bike and real scooter, you need a bike drivers license. And then there are this rule, that if you'r 18'th burthday was after the 19 jan. 2013, then you need a moped drivers license if you are older than 18. Every type of these HAVE to have a number plate, and only the slow moped-30 are alowed to drive on none road's. That is foot path's and so on. Well...

This dude. Was clearly between late teens (18/19) and mid-20's (23'ish), he had no helmet and when he reved up, I got close to panic angst. So I naturally looked over my shoulder at the thing he was driving on. And then he quickly stopped the darn thing. A shouted if I had a problem with him. And I was like and said to him... "Well that machine is not legal to drive on these foot path's." Then he replied to me, asking if I was stupid, that it was a moped-30 that he was driving. And I replied with "Not with that engine it ain't". Then I asked him: "And by the way, were are your helmet and were are the number plate?" Yes. A lot of youngsters, down to 12 years of age, drives up to 60/70 kilometers an hour, on non-legal tuned moped's, on the foot path's and without helmet. And even up to three persons on one moped. Only motorcycles and real scooters are alowed to have pasenger on.

Then the fucker started to call me a bum'... WTF!! What the freaking f*ck???!!! Here a bum is a homeless alcoholic. I asked him "Excuse me. Did you just call me a bum?" and took one step towards him. I guess he must have panicked, because he quickly started the machine and drive away with the acceleration of a motor bike.

/Rant over.

Man, I probably would have thought it was neat and try to ask him about what mods he's done to it. That seems like a weird thing to get stressed out over. But really, it has nothing at all to do with retro PC collecting.

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 2 of 10, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
wiretap wrote on 2020-06-12, 13:24:
I have a rant..... […]
Show full quote

I have a rant.....

/Rant over.

Man, I probably would have thought it was neat and try to ask him about what mods he's done to it. That seems like a weird thing to get stressed out over. But really, it has nothing at all to do with retro PC collecting.

He can keep the modded machine for the bicycle lane, that is were my opinion lies. Just keep the moped off footpath's, were children are walking and people take their dogs for a walk. Like. You do not drive a moped on the sidewalk do you? Plus these fuckers are driving around on the parks grass lanes, in order to run down hare's, rabits and house cats. I fucking hate to see these things. Self entitled little prick's, that is what they are.

EDIT:
It is these foot-path's here, called "Jerupstien" and "Astrupstien", that I am talking about:
On Google maps...

Reply 3 of 10, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have a rant.....

Yeah, but you were REALLY off topic for a thread called "Collecting rants". Split posts off to Milliways.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 4 of 10, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote on 2020-06-12, 23:41:

I have a rant.....

Yeah, but you were REALLY off topic for a thread called "Collecting rants". Split posts off to Milliways.

I just thought that "Collecting rant" was a tread to collect rants in, and not a tread about hardware-collectors-ranting. Kind of misleading tread name. It can be understood in two different ways and in two different lights.

Just saying.

Reply 5 of 10, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brostenen wrote on 2020-06-13, 06:59:

I just thought that "Collecting rant" was a tread to collect rants in, and not a tread about hardware-collectors-ranting.

That's fair. Not something I'm worried about.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 6 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Brostenen: not all homeless people are "bums", that is actually an insult to those too. And not all homeless people are alcoholics. Heck I know a few sellers of the Danish homeless magazine which is named "Hus Forbi", and none of them are drinking alcohol. But are they homeless ? Yes indeed they are, and I am proud of calling some of them my friends. Heck I have met quite a few of those people and talked with them, that "Hus Forbi" mentioned had died(over the years). Heck I cried when one of my mates died earlier this year. And he sold "Hus Forbi" too. Yes I know homeless people who are alcoholics, but not all of them are. But back to your rant, people are some times rude, and call people insult, that ranges from the racist words. Which I am NOT going to mention to normal insults, like bums, jerks, arseholes etc. And people break the law. And you are not the only one who gets panic attacks, and gets irritated. It happens to me in the capital of our country. Especially during these troubling times of Corona, and people NOT respect the 1 meter/3.3 feet rules in both open areas, and in shopping places. And so forth.

Reply 7 of 10, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^ Yeah man. See, OP, the Indignation and Offense Police have spoken, and at considerable length I might add. We hope you feel duly chastised, and are prepared to assume the requisite position of and ferociously virtue-signal in repentance of that unspeakable insult.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 8 of 10, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
WolverineDK wrote on 2020-07-01, 00:10:

Brostenen: not all homeless people are "bums", that is actually an insult to those too. And not all homeless people are alcoholics. Heck I know a few sellers of the Danish homeless magazine which is named "Hus Forbi", and none of them are drinking alcohol. But are they homeless ? Yes indeed they are, and I am proud of calling some of them my friends. Heck I have met quite a few of those people and talked with them, that "Hus Forbi" mentioned had died(over the years). Heck I cried when one of my mates died earlier this year. And he sold "Hus Forbi" too. Yes I know homeless people who are alcoholics, but not all of them are. But back to your rant, people are some times rude, and call people insult, that ranges from the racist words. Which I am NOT going to mention to normal insults, like bums, jerks, arseholes etc. And people break the law. And you are not the only one who gets panic attacks, and gets irritated. It happens to me in the capital of our country. Especially during these troubling times of Corona, and people NOT respect the 1 meter/3.3 feet rules in both open areas, and in shopping places. And so forth.

Well true to some extend. I just take it deeply as an insult, when someone call me "Bums". The thing is. The insult came from one of those you and I call "anden generations indvandrer". And as I am from the generation, in were bums is a homeless alcoholic, walking the roads with a trolly and a dog. Then I was of course deeply offended. It is like, I do not go around and call that segment of the society "muhamedaner" or "dirty" or anything else like that. I am way better and keep away from those insults.

Reply 9 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Brostenen: There are arseholes everywhere including Danes are brats. I understand you were pissed, and angry. But there are idiots every where, whether it is an illegal tuned moped, or a tuned Velosolex. But remember this joke, "what do doctors call people who drive with no helmets on two wheeled vehicles that are motorised ?" "Donors !"
Mate: Let it go it is not worth your energy, but I get your annoyance and irritation of what you experienced. Just remember to be safe yourself, whether you are walking or on a bicycle 😀

Reply 10 of 10, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Glad you're safe, man.

Unfortunately, there will always be some reckless people out there on the roads, among the vast majority of decent and careful people. Take care.