Common searches

What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 2000 of 5941, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Speaking of Steam, I'm interested (and accepting suggestions) in free Steam games offerings; I've just got CS:GO and the old CS 1.6 version.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 2001 of 5941, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote on 2020-06-27, 04:22:

Steam's having a summer sale (in winter?) so I picked up a couple of games that have been on my wishlist...

You're making a valid point and one I hadn't considered before - this really shows a northern-hemisphere centric view of the world!

Speaking of the Steam sale, I've just bought Tekken 7. I rarely if ever play modern games due to lack of time and interest, but this has been on my wishlist for a while as I played the hell out of the first 3 Tekkens on PS1 back in the day.

First thing that surprised me, you actually have to read and accept a privacy policy before you can even play 😕 What happened to "just playing a game" for heaven's sake? 🙄

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 2002 of 5941, by spieler8

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Command & Conquer, Red Alert. Now with the remake, I have to say that this is indeed still _the_ defining RTS for me. Starcraft maybe tops Red Alert, but came out much later. And when thinking of single-player vs multiplayer, the single-player experience with all thouse cheesy videos and acting is actually more fun that Starcraft...

Reply 2004 of 5941, by babtras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was playing Master Of Orion 2 on a retro machine the other day. It kept crashing following video corruption issues. Back in the day I'd spend days.troubleshooting the incompatibility between drivers and games. So it was not lost on me how nice it is now that I could just copy it to a different retro PC and play it there instead.

Reply 2005 of 5941, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-27, 20:55:

I enjoyed some command and conquer generals this morning with my son.

My favorite C&C game. Used to play via VPN with a friend back in the day. He always got me with those damn terrorist mobs.

Reply 2007 of 5941, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Pushed through a bit more Clive Barker's Undying on the Voodoo5 5500. It can look really good at time, like when you dive through the pool into the area with falling snow and monks. Love the V5 is still going strong 20 years later.

Reply 2008 of 5941, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Been playing some Supreme Commander since yesterday. I actually never got around to playing any of these games and I had a copy laying around, so why not right? 😜

chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-06-27, 22:45:

Same here. I miss being able to do online matches.

It's not possible to play C&C:ZH via the net anymore? 😒

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2009 of 5941, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Playing a steam game from the sale myself, first modern(ish) PC game I have played for years. Euro Truck Simulator 2(linux version), It's addictive as all hell but I have no idea why I like it, in the real world I hate driving, detest parking and I'm rubbish at making money! 🤣 Go figure......
Anyhow for under a fiver it's a ton of fun, I have played WAY too much of it since downloading it on Sunday.

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 2011 of 5941, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ET2 is on sale?

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 2012 of 5941, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote on 2020-06-30, 18:39:

Been playing some Supreme Commander since yesterday. I actually never got around to playing any of these games and I had a copy laying around, so why not right? 😜

I'm pretty sure EA took the servers down a few years ago. But I'd love to be proven wrong though. Cause I had so many hours spent playing online matches.

Reply 2013 of 5941, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm 62 hours into Wizardry 8 and I only feel like I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game. Either these games are much longer than people say or I'm an extremely slow player. But looking at my playtime for FPS games, I'm not that far off from established timeframes on those games. For example, Wolfenstein II too me 26 hours, Dark Forces took 14 hrs, Wolfenstein: TNO took 23 hrs, Metro 2033 took 16.5 hrs.

howlongtobeat.com rates Wizardry 8 at 93-107 hrs while gamefaqs.com rates it at 68 hrs.

The other Wizardrys also took me similarly long: Wiz 7 took me 201 hrs and Wiz 6 took 111 hrs.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2014 of 5941, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-07-01, 01:26:
Tetrium wrote on 2020-06-30, 18:39:

I'm pretty sure EA took the servers down a few years ago. But I'd love to be proven wrong though. Cause I had so many hours spent playing online matches.

It was several years ago since a friend and me tried it, so this might be what's happened here 😜
If me and this friend ever consider playing ZH again via the net, we will see if we can find some way to do it as by then things might have changed again.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2016 of 5941, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2020-07-01, 12:56:

If you get it to work or find a work around let me know

If you're looking for just a one-on-one online match, once again, a friend and I and would just setup a LAN game via a VPN connection. It's been over a decade since I last played though.

Reply 2018 of 5941, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xcomcmdr wrote on 2020-07-02, 13:18:

Arcanum.

That's on my playlist. How are you liking it? Are you replaying it or is it your first time?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2019 of 5941, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm replaying it, I 200% loved it the first time. You get a fanatic follower right at the start of the game for whom you are the chosen one. That's the game telling you to play it, and it works.

The mix of steampunk and light fantasy (I find it funny that wizards can board trains, but only at the very end of the train. Or else they derail it by their mere presence. Technology doesn't like magic and vice/versa) is very refreshing.

With the UAP (still maintained and evolving to this day) a lot of old bugs are fixed. Highly recommend it.