dfgdfgd.jpg

Reply 1 of 26, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mark_81 wrote on 2020-07-04, 09:17:

What are the ideal parameters to set?

There's no such thing 😀 If there were, I'd make them the hardcoded defaults. Nevertheless, the defaults are a good starting point, you should fine-tune them further and save to profile(s).

Reply 3 of 26, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Right, but being stick with the default gain makes sense if you prefer to avoid occasional overdrives. The default gain factors are intended to replicate the digital output as close as possible compared to the output captured from a hardware unit.

Reply 5 of 26, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The default output gain is unity. The max value is 4.0 (when using that dialog box of course). When set to unity, the output produced by the synth engine has the same amplitude as it was at the DAC entrance of a hardware unit mixed. Many games (tunes) intentionally keep the volume low to avoid nasty overdrives MT-32 is famous for. Obviously, we don't emulate those cracklings caused by overdrives in the "High quality" mode, but this is nevertheless a distortion of the signal. In some use cases this is unacceptable, yet this may be audible with a good ear 😀

Reply 6 of 26, by Mark_81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Serge
I got AudIo .WAV from The Secret of Monkey Island OST by Munt 32
I'm listening to with My Sennheiser HD518
Munt was set to

The output Gain default
HIGH QUALITY
Accurate analogue path emulation
integer 16 bit

Could I ask you to listen to the Audio File?
I noticed defects..
Can i send you by Wetrnsfer or maybe dropbox

Last edited by Mark_81 on 2020-07-04, 10:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 26, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When it comes to analysing MIDI musical scores, an obvious solution is to look at the MIDI commands the game sends. If you capture MIDI file instead, it will be easy to analyse in a MIDI editor and identify the offending timbre that might be playing incorrectly in the emulation.

Reply 12 of 26, by Mark_81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sergm
I need to listen the real Mt-32 intro...could you please recording?
I see this comparison...The background noise are in Original MT32 too..what do you think?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN6V340b7ys
All of the other videos which claim to be recorded from a real MT-32 exhibit the same sound (background noise in the first 10/12 seconds)

Reply 15 of 26, by sergm

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, I never thought about buying one. I have had RA-50 (which is still partially working though) and CM-64, both acquired as a donation 😜
If you like, I can take a capture with CM-64, exactly the channel 2 solo (where the panpipes are set).